Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #1 
FishyFishy89

Air pumps

How does your betta react to them?
I *think* I noticed Spike being a bit bored today. Just looking down, not really looking as perky as usual.
I mean he'd perk up if I interacted with him or moved decor.
I haven't changed his decor this month being that he just got over ammonia poisoning around the beginning of this month/the ending of last month.
I was going to change up his decor next month during his 50% change.

So I changed 1 of his logs out for his gator skull. I even brought over an air stone/piping from the 75 gallon(that has YET to be started :P) to his tank. Stuck it into the smaller log/blew into it(i have no pump xD)

He seemed very interested in the bubbles. And since putting in the gator skull and blowing those bubbles he is acting a little better.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #2 
kfish

I put an airstone in with Mr. Fish for fun a few times. He was really entertained by it for about 30 minutes each time, but I could tell he had his fill of it after that, lol. So yeah, definitely not a permanent thing, but a fun activity. :P
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
.... next month during his 50% change.
How often do you change his water? And, may I ask, how big is his tank?
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #4 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
How often do you change his water? And, may I ask, how big is his tank?
If you're thinking I only do a monthly change, I don't. I just change around his decor during the monthly change.
5.5 gallon with sponge filter and an anacharis plant
I do 30% changes every week that includes a sand stir
and 50% that includes taking out all decor, scrubbing them with my FISH ONLY sponge, wiping down the walls(dealing with some minor brown algae), and vacuuming up poo/various debris from the plants whilest stirring the sand.
The sponge also gets a swish/rinse every water change.

He is swimming around happliy right now. I think he was just bored of his decor already. OR it was also around 11pm-12 midnight when I posted the thread, he could of been tired. (I can't wait to buy that timer extension)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 
lelei

When I first got Sammy into his 3 gal it included a pump, and a line with an A/stone..and he loves those bubbles, now that he is in his 5 gal..he also has an air stone, and loves the "wave" of the water that the bubbles gives, Ironically hates the filter, and the bubbles from that..so I keep the airstone in back of one of his fave plants..and the bubbles mostly are in the back..with a soft flow coming to the front..but he plays in them, I have even seen him trying to catch em..very funny and so cute!!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #6 
lelei

My new AVi shows that--those cluster of bubbles are from the A/S and see, he's going toward them, that is when I snapped the pic..:)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #7 
kfish

You're making me want to try it with Sky. He's never experienced the airstone. :P I think he'd be entertained, especially since his tank is quite large enough for him to avoid any bubbles if they piss him off. Too bad I don't have an air pump here with meeee they're all at my parents'.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #8 
lelei

Now that my rescue..Sapphire is in Sammys prev 3 gal he is gettin used to the bubbles too..lol:)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #9 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
You're making me want to try it with Sky. He's never experienced the airstone. :P I think he'd be entertained, especially since his tank is quite large enough for him to avoid any bubbles if they piss him off. Too bad I don't have an air pump here with meeee they're all at my parents'.
just stick a stone in and blow into the tube
I dont have a pump right now, but I've been going over to his tank/blowing bubbles for him.
He gets really interested in them/swirls around them.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #10 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
just stick a stone in and blow into the tube
I dont have a pump right now, but I've been going over to his tank/blowing bubbles for him.
He gets really interested in them/swirls around them.
I don't think I have a stone here, either. D: I will look, though.