Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #1 
megz357

Inactive African Dwarf Frogs?

Can anyone help me out with what the activity level of the ADF's are? I just bought two today and put them in my tank a couple of hours ago after acclimatizing them to the water temperature. I have them in a 5.5 gallon tank with my betta. He couldn't care less about them, he checked them out when I had the bag floating in the tank still and has left them alone. They don't seem to care either. They aren't too concerned about hiding from him or anything. They haven't been moving around much though. Are they typically quite active? I don't think I've seen them go up for air since I put them in. Should I be concerned??
megz357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

From my experience they aren't all that active, when they first were introduced they didn't do a lot but they soon realized that I meant food and didn't mind swimming around. But it might be worth it to check on your water parameters, do you have a testing kit at all?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #3 
megz357

No I don't have a testing kit. My local pet store will test the water for free though. If they aren't moving around by tomorrow I'll take some water to get tested.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, that would be good. Maybe do a small water change for now just in case it's something with the water. But for the most part my frogs like to hang out near the surface of the water or lounge on the sand so they aren't like your normal fish that will move around a lot of course. So it may be normal behavior for yours or they're just nervous about the new place. Do you have plants for them to hide in, real or fake doesn't matter.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #5 
megz357

Hopefully they're alright for the night as it's pretty late for me to be doing a water change. I'm going to go out in the morning and I think i'm just going to invest in a test kit. Was hoping I could avoid it as they can be pretty costly but I think I better do it. I'm hoping they're just adjusting though. They seem to be getting a little better possibly.

Before I bought them today I bought a bunch of new silk plants (I a couple of plastic ones before as that's all I could afford at the time.) and a few other decorations that have areas to hide in. I set it all up in the tank before putting them in!

Here's a picture of the tank so far.
Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  43.9 KB
Old 08-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay! Looks good ^_^ I'm sure your Betta will appreciate the cover too :)
Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #7 
DianeA7X

I don't think they are very active. Mine is either at the bottom of the tank hiding or just relaxing at the top of the tank. She sometimes hides behind the filter. I only have one but planning on buying another some day.
DianeA7X is offline   Reply With Quote