Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #1 
BettaTalk

Exclamation Mystery Snal Not Moving?

Hello,
I went to the pet store last night and I picked up four new bettas for my sorority. I walked by the Mystery Snails and I just had to get one! They were so darn cute and they were only three dollars! I got one in a bag and I took it home with me and let it acclimate for around fifteen minutes or so and then guided her halfway down and then let her go. He started moving a little bit but then she went back in her shell and hasn't come out since. When I woke up she was in the exact same spot. I netted her out for a second and she doesn't smell bad or anything but where she is supposed to come out of her shell, her body was sticking out a tiny bit and when I felt it, it was hard as rock! Is it safe to say that she is dead or is there still hope for little Gretchen the Golden Mystery Snail? All help is appreaciated! Thanks guys!
-BettaTalk
(P.S i had the water tested at the store and they said that the Ph was fine for her to live in. They didn't give the exact number but the store I went to is trustworthy when it comes to water testing.)
BettaTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #2 
nicolesbetta

Snails can take a while to come out. I would give the snails at least 24 hours without being bothered. He's in a new environment. Has your betta had tank mates before? If not he could be too aggressive and scared the snail back into his shell.

My mystery snail just died a couple days ago. The water smelled really bad! The snail was on it's back but looked like it was coming out still. I separated it from the tank and left it for another 24 hours. No movement so I then disposed of it. After removing the snail clean out your tank well and do a 100% water change!
nicolesbetta is offline   Reply With Quote