Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #131 
Pitluvs

Although I have great results with my food of choice... Wellness, Orijen and Go! Natural are the top three animal foods I would recommend hands down. Canidae/Felidae, Taste of the Wild and Blue a close second as far as quality. For price, it's reversed lol The first three are just a little pricey for me.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #132 
dramaqueen
Banned

You guys are confusing the heck out of me. L. It's a good thing I'm not getting a dog for another year so I can research more on dog food.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #133 
Frazzle

whats confusing
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #134 
Pitluvs

There are like... 60 types of dog food out there to chose from DQ :P At least we narrowed it down to about 10 good ones. Just depends on what your dog needs and price you're willing to pay. When I wanted to switch Fate to a good food, I asked a rescue friend who knows her stuff when it comes to dog food as she has Boxers which are well known for allergies to everything. She said Taste of the Wild. I wanted to try Canidae myself (since I fed the cat version to my guys). So I went to the store and looked up both, compared ingredients, what they do and price and settled on the Taste of the Wild because the grain free was cheaper than Canidae grain free. They also offer weight control formula... but if it was another dog, I could have gone with Canidae with grains. Just depends on your dog. When you do get one, pick a great food and try it out, if it doesn't work, try another. Just have a list of good foods ready and pick the one that works for you and the dog first :)

If you do go with a breeder (not a personal choice) and it's an ethical breeder (not a breeder or backyard breeder) then ask what they feed. Chances are if they are good at what they do (and don't make money off their dogs)... they will feed a high quality puppy food and can point you in the right direction. But if they feed a food from WalMart... don't and look for another breeder lol
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #135 
Bethydan

I feed Royal Canin myself. My cat is addicted to it and scoffs any other brand. My dog eats whatever I give him and likes it. But they both eat it. And especially in comparison to my family's animals, they're both healthy as an ox. Not ever a vet visit that wasn't a routine checkup in 8 years.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #136 
Pitluvs

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ :)
Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #137 
copperarabian

I like blue buffalo
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #138 
dramaqueen
Banned

I browsed around Petsmart today and saw Royal Canin and Wellness, I think. I'll need something good for a Lab puppy.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #139 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I browsed around Petsmart today and saw Royal Canin and Wellness, I think. I'll need something good for a Lab puppy.
I do not reccomend royal canin. It's defenitely not the worst food available, but considering the price, it is pointless to waste money on a food with that ingredients label when you can get even better food for the same price, or cheaper. (;
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #140 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, luckily I have a whole year to decide. Lol Pitluvs, thanks for the link. I don't want to pay an arm and a Lev for food but I don't want to feed my dog cheapo food that's no good, either.