Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #141 
teeneythebetta

Wellness releases coupons every month for $5 off a bag.
All you have to do is sign up for their e-newsletter on their website. The coupon comes right in the newsletter! :)
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #142 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's good to know. Thanks, Teeney.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #143 
AngesRadieux

I second all of the recommendations for wellness. My dogs are on prescription food from the vet, for some reason known only to my mom. But wellness is great. They have lots of grain free options in both wet and dry forms and the wellness core food is pretty high in protein. It was an absolute life saver when I wanted to a grain free diet with a lot of wet food. He hates wet food and for the longest time I couldn't find any good grain free dry foods and then I stumbled on wellness core. I thought I'd try it to supplement his wet food and he loved it. Still didn't like the wet food, but mixing it with the dry made it more palatable.

While I haven't personally used their dog food, I'm sure it's just as good quality as the cat food. The only thing to watch out for is their recommended portions. When I was feeding my cat the recommended amount for a 12 pound cat he just kept gaining weight so I had to cut back a bit. It definitely depends on the animal's activity level, but I'd just watch your dog's weight for a bit to make sure that their recommended portion is working well for you.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #144 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yhanks for the advice, Anges. Is it best to go with a grain free food right off the bat for a puppy?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #145 
Tikibirds

I have been getting Rachel Ray dog food for Mr Bubbles. its pricy but its the only one locally that I can find that says its made in the USA and NOT made in China. I have no issues getting fish supplies from there but after the whole incident with organ failures causes by contiminated chinese made dog food...not gonna feed it to him.

He was getting nutro diet dog food but I can only get it from petco
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #146 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I have been getting Rachel Ray dog food for Mr Bubbles. its pricy but its the only one locally that I can find that says its made in the USA and NOT made in China. I have no issues getting fish supplies from there but after the whole incident with organ failures causes by contiminated chinese made dog food...not gonna feed it to him.

He was getting nutro diet dog food but I can only get it from petco
Really? That sucks! The best food a grocery store would carry is PURINA one beyond- no corn and no wheat. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #147 
athenr3134

my dog that i had growing up at kibbles and bits but its not healthy for your dog it has by-products which isn't healthy for your dog or cat. I am sorry but veterinarian should know better. I recommend blue or nutro because they have exactly what a dog and cat need. I was going to work for both companies as a sales rep and i read up on each product. any food that has by-products (which is the intestines of an animal which is hard to swallow. You want a food that is rich in chicken meal, fish meal (cat), vegetable meal and so forth. Read the labels its very important!
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #148 
athenr3134

p.s. i looked at the wellness and it looked like a fab brand to get!! :)
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #149 
teeneythebetta

I agree! Except fish based food is not good for cats. Its not reccomended to feed more than 1 meal containing fish more than once a week.

http://catinfo.org/
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #150 
redchigh

anything other than Iams, they abuse animals.

If I wanted to spoil a dog, I'd feed it whole foods- cheaper and WAY more healthy, even if it is a lot of work.
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes | How To Make Your Own Dog Food | Raw Dog Food is just one of the many sites.

Last edited by redchigh; 08-27-2012 at 06:22 PM.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote