Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #1 
deanndrea

My Betta Needs Help

There was an accident with my fish today, my sister was changing Ben's water because it was too cold over the sink when she accidently poured him into the dishwashing water. We got him out right away but im afraid of what happened or may happen to him.
The water was relatively dirty from dishing that had already been washed in it. The water contained Joy and bleach, but was not as strong and diluted, as it had been there for two days. That happened in the morning and it is now nighttime and he would not eat the food given to him, he didnt eat this morning either, i think that he's blind now. (his eyes seem to be so clear now)

What do you think, is there anything that i can do for him to help or to get him to eat?
deanndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #2 
Sushi

That is so sad. I think that if you put the food right in front of him, he'll smell it and eat it. Is he running into the sides of the tank or having trouble getting around?
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #3 
deanndrea

he's moving around the tank as if he's frantic. dodging from one side of the tank to the other. like something is wrong with him. i dropped the food directly in front of him but he just bumps into it and leaves it there.
i dont know what to do with or for him.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #4 
SST

Do you have any Stress Coat? Try dropping some of that on him. Maybe the aloe will help. Or try Melafix (at 1/5 dose) or Betta Fix. His skin probably hurts.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #5 
Sushi

Thats probably true about the skin. Back to the food, what is it that your feeding him? He could just not be interested. Also how large is his bowl/tank?
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #6 
deanndrea

Ummm, what is stress coat, can i buy that frrom a pet supply store? And the tank is 1 gallon tank. i feed Ben-Ten, Hikari Betta Bio-Gold Pellets, it has lots of vitamins and minerals, he seemed to like them before the accident, he still isn't eating. I'm terribly worried about him.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #7 
deanndrea

Another thing, he used to make bubble nests, mow he doesn't anymore. The tank would have been filled with tiny bubbles, it seems as if he's not interested anymore. Is something really wrong with my Ben?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #8 
Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanndrea
Another thing, he used to make bubble nests, mow he doesn't anymore. The tank would have been filled with tiny bubbles, it seems as if he's not interested anymore. Is something really wrong with my Ben?
It sounds like he is in a lot of pain.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #9 
SST

Stress Coat is a brand of water conditioner made with aloe. You can drip it directly onto fishie.

Keep his water extremely clean.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #10 
deanndrea

thanks susan, i went out this morning and got the stress coat. dripped it directly onto him as you suggested. i really hopes this works.

thanks everyone for all your suggestions