My fish died recently and I would rather not throw out everything that was in his tank. He drowned so he wasn't sick and leaving germs everywhere, but he was in the tank for anywhere between a night and almost 24 hours before I realized that he was dead and not just hiding in his cave (long story just check my thread in the memorials if you're curious).
While his body shows no signs of decay (it hasn't been THAT long), there is a white film on a lot of his decor. I plan on boiling water and adding a bit of bleach to clean the thermometer pebbles/river rocks. Same for the tank.
How much bleach should I add? How long should I keep the stuff in the water? And how long before the tank and decor is safe for use?