Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #21 
twissfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
I don't like England coz' its cold and boring.... Yep, I meant California!
I get good grades but I'm not a nerd..... I think in England "nerd" means a different thing than in USA. Here, it means someone who is unpopular, spends their free time studying and they often talk differently than others etc.
Most of Cali is sunny and never rains. I think you'd miss England if you came here.

Yup, nerd means the same thing both here and there. I just call myself that for fun. I would never actually call someone a nerd to poke fun at them or offend them.

I was 14 when I started high school here.
twissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #22 
twissfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooknook View Post
Nope. Stupid cut off rule in my school. "Anyone born after September 1st must wait another year to get into Kindergarten". I'm almost in high school, though.
Oh, you have that too? My brothers had to do that because they were both born in December. I don't see how a few months makes a different, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #23 
Catfish Billy

Please note I'm trying NOT to offend people.

I don't understand....People on here keep calling themselves "nerds"-twissfish, you are the only one that says it like a joke, which I understand. In my school, people call others "nerds" to offend them; not like it's a social group. It may be because in USA you guys have different groups at school, e.g jocks, or is that just the movies? Where I live, calling yourself a "nerd" is like calling yourself an "idiot".
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #24 
dbooknook

My little brother was also born in December. Ironically he was allowed to apply early.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #25 
twissfish

Catfish Billy- I like your signature, haha. I guess here we use terms more loosely. I know some people that use derogatory terms to others and about themselves like nothing. It's really quite annoying. I've never heard people call themselves jocks, but I've heard the occasional "he's like a jock." And you definitely will find girls that sound like valley girls (and they're usually stuck up and snotty.)

dbooknook- That's cool. Do you know why? Everyone I know born in December had to wait.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #26 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissfish View Post
Catfish Billy- I like your signature, haha. I guess here we use terms more loosely. I know some people that use derogatory terms to others and about themselves like nothing. It's really quite annoying. I've never heard people call themselves jocks, but I've heard the occasional "he's like a jock." And you definitely will find girls that sound like valley girls (and they're usually stuck up and snotty.)

dbooknook- That's cool. Do you know why? Everyone I know born in December had to wait.
Ok thanks....it was just starting to get a bit odd.....
Old 07-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #27 
dbooknook

He went to a daycare center for kindergarten, so it was allowed to be applied early.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #28 
twissfish

Catfish Billy- Yeah, I can see how it would be odd.

dbooknook- oh, I see. I was born in June so I didn't have to deal with that. I am younger than a lot of my classmates though because their birthdays are always earlier than mine. haha It also doesn't help me that I look younger than 17.

Anyway, I'm watching Spain vs Italy football/soccer game. :(
Old 07-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #29 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissfish View Post
Catfish Billy- Yeah, I can see how it would be odd.

dbooknook- oh, I see. I was born in June so I didn't have to deal with that. I am younger than a lot of my classmates though because their birthdays are always earlier than mine. haha It also doesn't help me that I look younger than 17.

Anyway, I'm watching Spain vs Italy football/soccer game. :(
Same here! Does anyone here play football (soccer to you Americans!)? I do!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #30 
twissfish

I do too! My dad was a ref so we grew up with football/soccer. I love it. :) Who are you rooting for? I'm going for Italy, but my dad is going for Spain (and he's making fun of me :( haha)