It happened again. Something in my tank is seriously effed... I had Lord Drago for 2 days, 2 DAYS! and fin rot set in and ate his tail almost to the webbing. So I took him back to PetSmart (generally a good place to buy fish and all the staff is quite knowledgeable) and exchanged him for a new one and bought a completely new setup. My girlfriend named him Popsicle and he is quite bashful, and very shy. A night and day difference between him and L.D.
I got a 5 gallon Mairineland tank with a filter. The filter is amazing as it has the ability to set the flow on it so its on a mere trickle as Popsicle is about half the size of L.D. So far so good.
So as for my old set up the old tank is now, as I type this, in the dishwasher. And I pretty much scrubbed everything in hot water after soaking in it a bleach solution and then boiling it. If some parasite is still on that stuff after that it deserves to be there.
Wish me luck with Popsicle.
This is the tank I got him.