Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #11 
dbooknook

Forgot to welcome you here. Where are my manners? Welcome to the forum!
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #12 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Welcome to the forum! Your betta is gorgeous!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #13 
3l1zabeth

Welcome... Your betta is really pretty!!!!
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

Welcome to the site! Your Betta is really cute!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #15 
Striker0086

Thanks again for the warm welcomes and the help with the heater and identifying my Betta, and the complements! I had know idea what size heater to get because I didn't know what size my tank was. It is a Marineland Eclipse System 6 I believe. And is about 5-6 gallons.

There so much information. At first it is a bit to take in, but I think I can manage ;) I have looked at some of the stickies and they are so helpful! Thanks so much for the help!

I do need some help with a couple more things, my fish, as a lot of newly purchased fish isn't eating much. I know they can't each because their stomachs are small. I only have Brine shrimp, plankton and krill on hand from my crabs. I also have some gold fish flakes. I have only attempted to feed brine shrimp and I cut them up in small pieces so he can eat. He will only eat a piece and it takes a while for him to 'notice' it. I am going to try and find pellets, preferably Omega One. Any recommendations from their selection? Also if I happen to be out and can't find betta food, can I use Cichlid instead?

My tank is made of acrylic, would the heater be safe to use on it? I don't want to risk melting anything.

If it is preferred that I make a new post in another sections just holler at me I just rather put all of my newbie questions in this post instead of making a bunch of new posts.

Last edited by Striker0086; 07-02-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Striker0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #16 
Lizzie the Badger

Hi Dylan!! (It's animallover from LHC) Welcome to the forum! =D
Lizzie the Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #17 
lelei

Yes, Omega one is one of the better quality pellets, and Hakari Gold, and New Life Spectrum, are the Betta preferred pellets, they love em!! I wouldn't take a chance with the Cichlid food, for a betta, and Yes, I have 2 Acrylic tanks, both with heaters, and they are fine:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #18 
Striker0086

Thanks lelei!! You just relieved a bunch of pressure off my back with the heater information! I got to looking at some betta food that you guys recommend and it is expensive. They better like it!lol Seriously though, that is quite a bit for so little. I hope it last longer than I am thinking it will. I think I will start out with Hakari Gold, I have a funny felling I will not be able to find any of those listed brands at my LPS. I am making an order from ebay so I will stick some in there.
Striker0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #19 
MaisyDawgThirteen

You should use a 50W heater for your tank.

I feed Omega One, IT'S AWESOME!! I've had my betta for about 3 months and it's barely made a dent in the pack. lol If you get omega one feed 2-3 pellets twice a day.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #20 
lelei

You are very welcome, I am glad I could help, this site is very informative, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I have learned so much from this site, and just from being a new betta mommy, and interacting with my babies..you will enjoy it soo much..and yes, figures right, the more expensive the food, the betta's want it, kinds like children..lol..but we all tend to spoil our fishy's and we want the best for them, and I haven't needed to buy any since April and I have 2 fishy's..a lil goes a long way..

The Hakari Gold is the one I feed both my fishy's and I have seen growth, and colors come out within 2 months with my Sammy..Avi..and now with my rescue.. Sapphire..Good Luck..Keep those pix coming..and keep us updated:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote