Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #1 
TheDevonFox

Question Odd Discoloration, But Only Sometimes...

Hey, guys.

My Loki has just recently started showing a whiteness on the edge of his gills, but only at night, right before his night time feeding. When I wake up the next morning, it's gone. And he hasn't been acting any differently then he normally does. What could this possibly be?
TheDevonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #2 
Goldibug

Maybe it's how the light shines through his fins at night. I wouldn't worry as long as he continues to act like his normal self :)
Goldibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 
TheDevonFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldibug View Post
Maybe it's how the light shines through his fins at night. I wouldn't worry as long as he continues to act like his normal self :)
That's what my boyfriend said, but it only stated happening recently. But, true, unless he starts acting any different, I'll let him be, but I'll be on super mommy watch, just in case :D
Old 07-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

Is the fish in the picture Loki? I've got a boy with the same coloration patterns, and I swear from day to day he looks different. :) More white here, a little less there, more iridescence on tuesday, less on thursday... ;) Like you, I don't know if it's the light or if it's him...but my guy's not had any problems (other than Ich... :P) so I hope that yours will be healthy too! :)

He's a *beautiful* boy, and I love the thick band of white on the edge of his tail. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #5 
TheDevonFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
Is the fish in the picture Loki? I've got a boy with the same coloration patterns, and I swear from day to day he looks different. :) More white here, a little less there, more iridescence on tuesday, less on thursday... ;) Like you, I don't know if it's the light or if it's him...but my guy's not had any problems (other than Ich... :P) so I hope that yours will be healthy too! :)

He's a *beautiful* boy, and I love the thick band of white on the edge of his tail. :)
Aaaw, thank you so much! He's my handsome little frost giant, 'cause some days, he's even got a little reddish/pink tints in the whites of his tail.

And yeah, I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens. I did just realize that he hasn't blown a bubble nest since I first noticed the white one night, but I'll just wait that out too, and if in a week or so, if he still gets the white gills AND doesn't blow a single bubble nest, THEN I'll worry XD
Old 07-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Doesnt sound like anything to worry about and he is beautiful !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote