Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #11 
Zero186

If at all possible look into LED lights. It might cost a little more but you wont ever have to worry about replacement bulbs.
Zero186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #12 
JBosley

Thanks! I will definitely look into LED
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #13 
JBosley

I am thinking of trying these 2 different tanks for planted tanks:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls

They are both 5 gallons! I will be using a sponge filter in each Any reviews on these 2 tanks? Which ever one I like better, will be the one I will get 2 of, since I need 3 tanks in total!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #14 
Relic

I don't have any info on the 5 gallon tanks but I purchased a 10 gallon which can be had at petsmart for around $12...then I went to the local fish store and purchased a light hood for around $20 and added a T8 power-glo lamp...I think I paid around $11 for the bulb. I also use eco-complete substrate that I mixed a bit of pure clay kitty litter in with it then I capped it with white aquarium sand {not really needed for anything other than aesthetic purposes}...I also use seachem flourish tabs. In under a week I had new growth on every plant in the tank and all my plants are doing really well. I also did a DYI CO2 system. For everything I might have $60 total in the tank minus the cost of the plants. My filter and heater where extra ones I had laying around.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #15 
JBosley

I'm hoping to get almost a kit... or at least a tank with a lid and lights. Then I won't have to spend additional money.

I'm already looking to spend $55 on the extra filters, tubing, air pumps, gravel and heater That doesn't even include the live plants! Probably at LEAST $20 on plants for 1 (hoping for 2) tanks.... out of 3 tanks that need planting. And another 40-50$ per tank, and I need 3 haha! Ohhh the joys of "up-grading"