Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

A Betta's New Life.

Hello fellow readers, my name is Lebron. I am a Crowntail Betta, owned by an owner who shall not be named. She wants to say hidden. I am typing this Story, or a Novel as you humans call it to make you understand of how Betta Fish are kept in Pet Stores. Well, that's part of it. Most of it is how my Life is. And it's going great!!! Oh, getting off topic. Anyway, this is about my present Life, my past life, and my wishes for the future care of Betta Fish in some Pet Stores. I will make a Chapter every Sunday, and hope you like it. My name is Lebron. And this is my story...
CHAPTER 1
"How I was saved..."

I was there. In that tiny, dirty, pint-sized cup. There were a lot of us. Possibly 100s of us. We were all stacked up on each other... We were on those... What do the humans call it? A shelf! We were stacked up on a shelf. It was made out of cold steel. I was so cold... So cold... We all were. The humans didn't care for us that much. They only cleaned our water 1-3 times a week. I feel dazed... Everything started to get dark...

Red Betta- "Uhhh... I feel weak..." He tried to get up. He did and then he fell.
Blue Betta- "You don't say? Can't you see the rest of us? I'm suffering, too!"
Red Betta-"Huh. We all are! The humans don't care about us that much! So we're all sick and wish another human would buy us! "
Blue Betta-"That much? They don't care about us at all! They just want to sell us to get things they want. Besides, I would be the first one to get bought. You're too ugly."
Red Betta-"Whatever. I'm wasting my breath talking to you." Noises keep getting closer and closer. Talking noises. Footsteps. Humans!
"Look! Humans! I guess the Humans who work here opened the door to the outside world!" A young human came up near all the Betta Fishes. By the looks of it, a girl.
Blue Betta-"Look! She's picking who she wants to buy! I'm pretty sure she's gonna pick me."
Red Betta-"You're too sure of yourself. She might even pick a female Betta. Who knows?"
Blue Betta-"Duh, I know. She IS going to pick me. Just wait and see..."
Red Betta-"Whatever." *Know-it-all! Who does he think he is? You would be lucky enough to even get looked at!*
Girl Human-"Hm. Oh, I like you!"
Blue Betta-"Aw sweet! Told you so!" The girl picked him up and put him to the side.
Red Betta-"My Betta God...!" *Just great... Now I'll never have a friend-enemy ever again. I like this human. She seems. Nice.*
Girl Human-"Ooh, I like you, too!" She picks up Red Betta. And puts him to the side with Blue Betta.
Red Betta-"Yes! I have a chance to get a better home!"
Blue Betta-"No way. You'll never get a chance." Blue Betta flared.
Girl Human-"Hm. Blue is my favorite color. But, I feel connected to this Betta more. I'm going to buy you!"
Red Betta-"What?!"
Blue Betta-"What?!" Blue Betta stopped flaring.
Girl Human-"I'm sorry Blue Betta. I could only get one of you. And I choose the Red one. I am so sorry..." She picked up Red Betta's cup and walked away with her parents. She walked to the Cashier, bought him, and went into the Car.
Red Betta-*Yeah! I wonder how my new home will look...*

To be Continued...
Watch out for Chapter 2!!!

LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

so cute and creative! You are an amazing writer and i appreciate you sending out a message to everybody about bettas in a creative way!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #3 
megaredize

cute, i love Lebron, i remember he was one of the first bettas i saw on this website before i signed up :)
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, thanks Rainbow! You should actually thank Lebron for inspiring me. Haha.
He came with Fin Rot and he was actually next to a Blue Betta. I had to choose and I chose him. :) Poor Blue Betta. I wonder where he is now...
Old 07-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
cute, i love Lebron, i remember he was one of the first bettas i saw on this website before i signed up :)
Really? I lurked here too before I signed up. The first Bettas I saw here was one of Pogthefish's. Oh, and thanks. Lebron waved his fin to say thank you. :3
Old 07-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #6 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, thanks Rainbow! You should actually thank Lebron for inspiring me. Haha.
He came with Fin Rot and he was actually next to a Blue Betta. I had to choose and I chose him. :) Poor Blue Betta. I wonder where he is now...
haha! Thanks Lebron!

I am always worried when i pick a betta fish over another that the other one will go to somebody who does not care for the fish or just does not care for a Betta with passion. It may be weird, but i always feel sorry for every betta fish i don't buy(besides all the wonderful betta fish on this site with happy homes :)
Old 07-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
haha! Thanks Lebron!

I am always worried when i pick a betta fish over another that the other one will go to somebody who does not care for the fish or just does not care for a Betta with passion. It may be weird, but i always feel sorry for every betta fish i don't buy(besides all the wonderful betta fish on this site with happy homes :)
I know how you feel. I want to save all Betta Fish in bad care. And hope for the best for the ones that I see when I buy stuff for Lebron at Petsmart.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #8 
lelei

That is beautiful Lebron, thought you was a male..lol..gave that one away..I had noticed your posts a lot when I first came here too, and a few more, then after a while got to know more of the "regulars" Your story is very inspirational..and I definatley want to hear more..I have not yet been able to pick out my own fish..my daughter picked out Sammy, and then I got Sapphire, my 2nd as a rescue..I have yet to actually choose one for myself..but with that..I know Sammy has his own story too..btw..glad to see Lebron is doing well:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I know how you feel. I want to save all Betta Fish in bad care. And hope for the best for the ones that I see when I buy stuff for Lebron at Petsmart.
I agree
Old 07-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
That is beautiful Lebron, thought you was a male..lol..gave that one away..I had noticed your posts a lot when I first came here too, and a few more, then after a while got to know more of the "regulars" Your story is very inspirational..and I definatley want to hear more..I have not yet been able to pick out my own fish..my daughter picked out Sammy, and then I got Sapphire, my 2nd as a rescue..I have yet to actually choose one for myself..but with that..I know Sammy has his own story too..btw..glad to see Lebron is doing well:)
Yeah, most people on this site think I'm a boy. ^_^ It makes me laugh for some reason. But it's OK. Thanks, Lebron inspired me to do this. I hope you get to choose your own Betta and have a special feeling with them. And it's also good to know that Sammy is doing well! :)