Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #11 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
That is beautiful Lebron, thought you was a male..lol..gave that one away..I had noticed your posts a lot when I first came here too, and a few more, then after a while got to know more of the "regulars" Your story is very inspirational..and I definatley want to hear more..I have not yet been able to pick out my own fish..my daughter picked out Sammy, and then I got Sapphire, my 2nd as a rescue..I have yet to actually choose one for myself..but with that..I know Sammy has his own story too..btw..glad to see Lebron is doing well:)
Glad sammy is better! oooh i am so excited! i am going to be getting a mystery snail! Hopefully, Honeycomb will take it lightly lol( he never flares with me in the room haha)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #12 
megaredize

i hate having to choose fish, mu first one was planned so i had to go through everyone and pick the "best" but i really wanted them all. The second jumped out at me so i didnt really look at the others at all. but every time i go to my LFS i want to save them all. i live in a small town and i worry about how fast they are really being sold. i know at one time they told me all their bettas got bought for a wedding and i shook my head. i wonder what happened to them.... :(
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #13 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
i hate having to choose fish, mu first one was planned so i had to go through everyone and pick the "best" but i really wanted them all. The second jumped out at me so i didnt really look at the others at all. but every time i go to my LFS i want to save them all. i live in a small town and i worry about how fast they are really being sold. i know at one time they told me all their bettas got bought for a wedding and i shook my head. i wonder what happened to them.... :(
So sad too, i always want them all :) The sad part is when you find out the wedding planners use the bettas in thin vases as centerpieces on tables where they get shaken, are cold, and probably pass away before the reception is over :(
Old 07-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, yeah. Wedding Bettas. Makes me sick. Oh, do you guys want me to make Chapters every other day? Since it is Summer Break. I... Don't have a life... DX
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #15 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post

Yes, that is the problem, that is how I got my 2nd fishy..my rescue, he was a former wedding present..and he came to me still in a vase, which I heard was a small transfer from the original wine glass that they were in on the table, and he had fin rot, and was all gray, and lifeless..but he has come back from the dead, after being nursed in a 3day salt treatment..I hate having to go to Petco, for supplies, and look at the betta's that I really want, and have to walk away wondering if they will ever get to a good home..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #16 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Thats a very sweet story ! Glad my daughter got Perseus for me cause I didnt have to pick it would have taken me forever I bet..lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Thats a very sweet story ! Glad my daughter got Perseus for me cause I didnt have to pick it would have taken me forever I bet..lol
Thanks Perseus. ;) Yeah, most of the time it takes a while. ;P
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #18 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, yeah. Wedding Bettas. Makes me sick. Oh, do you guys want me to make Chapters every other day? Since it is Summer Break. I... Don't have a life... DX
haha whatever you want! I love the story though XD

BTW, i posted the pics of Honeycomb on my thread
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #19 
squidward89

i think it depends on the person i got my first betta from a baby shower. and now he has a great home. and my other cousins took 2 others and are in great homes now.
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #20 
megaredize

well its good to hear that some people have saved wedding bettas. cause i dont think i wanna know what happens to them, i doubt most people want them.

oh and you could continue posting anytime u wanna write your story. ill keep reading
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote