Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #1 
LizzyP

I am having a bad betta day.

I still have no power, this is the 2nd day with no power. Dumbledore is in a fit of rage because I'm not feeding him, because we have no water and since no one has power/water no place has gallons of spring water. So I got the brilliant idea of going to Petsmart and look around. I needed a new filter cartridge and of course, they are out of the kind I need. I went to Walmart (no for fish related things) but wandered down to the pet section to see the kinds of bettas they had.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

I was appalled. Water conditions were awful, fish are lifeless, but not dead. Ammonia burns and fin rot, not to mention the dead fish pushed to the back of the shelf. I found someone working close by to tell them about the dead fish, and the fish needing water changes and she looked at me, gave me that "and why should I care?" look and told me very rudely she'd get someone to take care of it. I then asked to speak to the manager, who wasn't in, and of course the assistant manager wasn't there either. All I could do is stand there and stare at these poor bettas, who were obviously suffering. Looking at me with they popeyes, begging me to bring them all home. Of course, I have no room for 20+ male bettas. *sigh*

On the bright side of things, Petsmart bettas looked nice, even the females were nice and clean. No dead ones, very few with slight cases of fin rot but you could tell they were healing.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #2 
TigerRegalia

This hurts me to imagine seeing :( I never shop at Wal-Mart, but if I happen to go in there, I try to avoid the fish aisle for that very reason. I don't know why they don't take better care of them :( I am so sorry that you had to see that today.
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I'm sorry about your day. That's a real bummer. Walmart seems to be the worst out of all Stores who carry Betta fishes. I hope the power comes on. There was a big storm on Friday for me, and I had a road trip. From New York to my place. -_- It took me 8 Hours from the traffic and the storm to go home. Traffic took 2 Hours, and I got scared to death by the storm. That day just sucked.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #4 
LizzyP

The sad part was is that the girl didn't even care that the fish were dying. She just shrugged me off. I wanted to save every last one of them, and I think I could have with some good TLC and warm water. The sad part is, is that people buy these bettas for their kids thinking they are getting a good fish, then take them home only for the kid to loose interest in the fish 2 days later and then fish is in the same position it was at Walmart. Very, very sad.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #5 
3l1zabeth

Its good that petsmart had their bettas in good conditions and normally petco has the best betta selection!!!!
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote