Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 
LugiaChan

Smile PEARL white, pink and blue Betta male! + Philippine Fern + Gravel SALE.

I wanted to check to make sure if anybody here wants this beautiful fish. I'd hate to give an owner without a tank, filter and heater this beautiful fish.

He is mostly white and has quite a bit of pink overall. His body looks like its been painted with a pearl color and shimmers blue and pink on his gills. I purchased the same day as I found another betta I fell in love with. I have to return him to the store if no one wants to give this guy a good home :) I think to ship a fish is roughly $30. I only charge $5 for the fish itself. I will follow instructions on how to package a betta step by step carefully and allow as much water and air as I can in the container.

Personality: doesn't seem to mind other fish, does not flare at its reflection or other fish as far as I know. Acts very 'cute' and is a little bit shy but not enough to hide very often.

ONLY accepting owners who are responsible with a 5+ gallon tank, filter, heater and a large selection of betta foods (preferably 3 different choices) who are able to take a video or photo of these items.

I ALSO have Philippine Fern for $6 and gravel for sale (I have black gravel and also brown+white mixture) for $10 each. I have a new bag of Topfin white gravel for $10 or $20 for all of the white gravel (I have a lot of it) :)

I ship from Michigan, usa.

VIDEO HERE of this fish: http://youtu.be/o8DTkmPFhzg

Last edited by LugiaChan; 06-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #2 
MollyJean

Shipping gravel is just... expensive. But shipping a betta shouldn't cost more then 5-10 bucks.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #3 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
Shipping gravel is just... expensive. But shipping a betta shouldn't cost more then 5-10 bucks.
I never shipped a fish before! Thank you! :D i'll only charge what it costs to ship him! Plus only just $5 or so for fishie- only want him to have a good home ^_^

Yay thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
It's usually $10 for priority and express is usually around $30. priority is supposed to take 2-3 days, but sometimes takes 4. Express arrives the next day and is safer for the fish.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #5 
littlegreen

If no one else takes him, I will. : ) I feed my bettas pellets, misquote larvae and dried bloodworms. I'm looking for a more passive betta to share my divided 10 gallon tank. 8\ I bought a red vt but he's too aggressive (he can barely see through the divider but it stresses him out, so I'm moving him to a 3 gallon). The other betta in the 10 gallon is very passive and indifferent to being in a divided tank. I'm only in WI so I'd take the $10 shipping. Have you had any offers on him yet? He's lovely!
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #6 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
It's usually $10 for priority and express is usually around $30. priority is supposed to take 2-3 days, but sometimes takes 4. Express arrives the next day and is safer for the fish.
Thank you, copperarabian! If you know the BEST source of packaging up a betta to send, please link! I bet its on this website on here :) I believe I seen it once and i'll search again.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #7 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreen View Post
If no one else takes him, I will. : ) I feed my bettas pellets, misquote larvae and dried bloodworms. I'm looking for a more passive betta to share my divided 10 gallon tank. 8\ I bought a red vt but he's too aggressive (he can barely see through the divider but it stresses him out, so I'm moving him to a 3 gallon). The other betta in the 10 gallon is very passive and indifferent to being in a divided tank. I'm only in WI so I'd take the $10 shipping. Have you had any offers on him yet? He's lovely!
That would be totally awesome! I want to check to be sure no one else locally wants him, i'm very concerned about shipping live animals and never done it before. I was to be very precise on following instructions. Are you fine with buying a heating pack and what's needed to ship him out once I verify no one locally wants him to keep in proper conditions? ^^

The blue color is on his gill a little, and actually its mostly on the tummy section.

You're the first one to ask about him :) and he's the most beautiful one I've seen and i'd LOVE to see how he's doing or check up on the little guy, he's such a sweetie. He's quite passive, after a little bit of trying to go after my other betta (seperate containers) he tried to swim to get away from the other one. Haha. So I will let you know and check this post for updates, or i'll let ya know ^___^

P.s. I do not mind posting videos or photos if requested if you would like to see any more- for instance, behavior or anything :) he ate flakes and I believe also pellets! He tries to eat everything and was nibbling on my plant roots o.o;

I forgot, I separated a few marimo balls and I could give you the tiniest one I have for free if it all works out! ^^ wheee.

Last edited by LugiaChan; 06-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #8 
littlegreen

I wouldn't mind buying a heating pack at all! : ) My only concern is whether or not a heating pack would make it too hot? Given the heat streak that the midwest is having right now (price isn't the issue it's just safety for the fish that I care about c: )
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #9 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreen View Post
I wouldn't mind buying a heating pack at all! : ) My only concern is whether or not a heating pack would make it too hot? Given the heat streak that the midwest is having right now (price isn't the issue it's just safety for the fish that I care about c: )
I agree! I've been dieing of this heat the past few days. I'm not sure really how to keep the temperature just right for this cutie right now. I'll take any input and ideas from all opinions! :P
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #10 
littlegreen

I'll look, too! I think that I saw a thread about shipping in the summer. : ) Some people even use cooling packs believe it or not! Anyway...he's just so pretty! As long as the cost is $22 or under, I think that I would definitely take him.

Tags
white pearl betta