Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #1 
prodrumernate

bulging eye

my male betta i just got a few days ago is swimming along the ide of my 10 gallon filtered and cycle tank...his right eye is also starting to pop out...i read online bout that but want to hurry and post before i start doing more research..after i post this i will move him to my hospital tank..im going to completely clean my 10 gallon and re do everything.this is the second time ive had sick fish because of it.

what should i do about my betta?im extremely love on money rite now.i have some loose change.im behind on rent.im not able to borrow money.other than clean water.what should i do?oh i also have betta fix,aquarium salt,and water condition..ammonia-.25 nitrate-about a 2 -nitrite-0 ph-7.4
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #2 
jriley

Read the Sticky called Betta Disease Treatment 2 up at the top of this portion of the website. Sounds like your betta's got the beginning of Popeye coming on. To treat, all you'll need is clean water, your water conditioner, and your aquarium salt. I think it said to use 1 tsp aquarium salt per gallon of water (don't forget to use your conditioner!--use a smaller "hospital tank" container, because it says you'll need to do 100% water changes daily. Keep your temps around 75-76F. It also says not to do this over 10 days. If this works, you'll see results much sooner than that. Be sure to read the Sticky before you get started with this though, OK? With a little luck, maybe that will be all that's wrong with your fishy. Hope it all works well for you!

Last edited by jriley; 07-02-2012 at 01:12 AM.
jriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #3 
prodrumernate

thank you...i just read it..luckily i have all that i need :) now that he is in my hospital tank.im going to completely clean and re do my 10 gallon.i wanted to before.just didnt want to do the cycle again.but id rather do it now.especially i cant afford any fish currently...now it time to treat him :) again thank you.i caught it very soon so hopefully he wont loose his eye or anything,
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #4 
Kenny G

Popeye is usually not fatal and the Betta will often fully recover. It sounds like you caught it right away, he should be fine. Continue to keep his water very clean, changing it every third day.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #5 
prodrumernate

yes i know i caught it in time.ive had him for just a few days..and he just started to act the way he does last night..i look at my fish constantly everyday several times a day for any changes and signs..my female in her 2 gallon is perfectly fine and has been for months.but it seems my 10 gallon i having problems.so i currently have my male in a 1 gallon hospital tank.and going to clean and disinfect the 10 gallon and do a fishless cycle.or if i do a fish in cycle ill get something like a few rosy red minnows.but im glad i noticed.i added the water conditioner with fresh water and about 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt.. :)