Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #1 
Pogthefish

Anyone know about broken fingers?

I got bitten by a horse REALLY hard esterday, and a litle blister full of blood appeared over where h bit me. (little in frot of the first joint) Being me, I popped it... and this morning it was filled with pus :P The finger is very swollen and hurts to bend it poking t is okay, except around the blister, but pulling the skin over any direction hurts ALOT. Could it be broken? Is it just a rlly bad bruise?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 
lvandert

sounds like he got you a good one. Well if it was broken it would be black and blue (generally) by now and you wouldn't be able to move it much. He might have popped a blood vessel, which caused the blood blister. Most of my blood blisters (after popping once) fill with the clear pus so that could just be normal. I would still go to the doctor and get it checked out though.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

+1 Ivandert.

If it were broken, it would hurt no matter what you do to it. It would also be twice the size of any finger.

I'm not sure what pus is but I'm guessing it's the clear liquid that comes out of new wounds..... make sure it stays clear and not become yellow. Best have it checked anyway.

I may have sprained my forefinger (where finger meets hand). It's affecting the middle joint and has been a bit swollen for a week. It hurts if I bend it or use it for anything with pressure.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #4 
copperarabian

definitely see a doctor, if it is broken you want to make sure it's set correctly before it starts healing again. That must of hurt a lot! I've never been bitten by a horse and I never want to be, I have had my foot stepped on though,
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #5 
Pogthefish

I don't think is broken, like.. its really sore, but the swelling is going down. My mom is a doctor (retired) and she can handle it even if it is broken, I have broken digits before :P (toes) and didn't go to the doctor, healed just fine!

Thanks everyone!
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #6 
greenfishfl

meh ibe broken my ankle it broke from the tibula and from the front place
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #7 
bahamut285

I was going to say: "just go to the ER", but then I realized that you're not Canadian

[IMG]http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1714144734/****-that-guy-dumb-bitch-yao-ming-rage-face_reasonably_small.png[/IMG]

Get well soon, Pog
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

If your mom is a doctor why did you ask on here what to do? Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
I got bitten by a horse REALLY hard esterday, and a litle blister full of blood appeared over where h bit me. (little in frot of the first joint) Being me, I popped it... and this morning it was filled with pus :P The finger is very swollen and hurts to bend it poking t is okay, except around the blister, but pulling the skin over any direction hurts ALOT. Could it be broken? Is it just a rlly bad bruise?
I am sorry! I love horses, ride, and care for them. If your finger was broken youn would have a limited range of motion, it would appear black and blue with moderate to sever swelling. When i hurt my thumb very badly it was VERY painful and i couldn't grip anything without pain. I just wrapped it in a think layer of gauze(doctors would do the same thing, as they can't do much for a broken phalange except to splint it) and iced it for long period of time. Feel better and good luck!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #10 
MyRainbowBettaFish

maybe you possibly bruised the bone also, that has happened to me
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote