Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

You could use tap water, but with water conditioner. That is the best water for Bettas. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #12 
lelei

Hello and Welcome, Kokoro is beautiful..Interesting name, does that (mean) anything specific? just wondering..I like it, Betta's are amazing fishies, and glad you found the forum, you will be able to get all the advice you need from a lot of the experts here, as we all love our babies too!! Looking forward to seeing more of your family..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #13 
BettaGirl677

Tap waters ok. Just use some water conditioner and let it filter for the night. It should say how much you will need to use on the back. Good luck!
BettaGirl677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #14 
kai

Hello noellezim ..kokoro is beautiful...Tap water is usable but it can be rich in chlorien and other nasty things which hurt the fishes gills and lungs.
U can used (tap safe ) maybe another name in other parts of the world i use it for small aquariums (under 48lt's ) but id buy in R/O water for larger setup's most pet suppliers carry water treatment's u add it to the water it's best left for 24hour's b4 adding to a fresh setup
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #15 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi. welcome to the forum.
You have gorgeous wet buddies.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #16 
noellezim

new tank :)

thank you for the information! I had no idea. Just in time though because their new split home is set up. It means heart, soul and happiness in Japanese. his fins are shaped like a heart.
here is the brand new set up thanks to my boyfriend who works with orthopedics. I love my babies :)
Thank you for welcoming me to the site, I have lots to learn
Attached Images

noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #17 
lelei

Is that a 2 gal tank, split with 2 fishy's? they both look big, you may want to invest in another tank, for splitting, they will need more room, try a 5 gal and split that, or just get the CT his own home, they might grow..

and rule of thumb is 1 gallon of water per each inch of fish..if your fish is already over an inch..he would need that whole tank..you don't wanna deprive a fishy a chance to thrive at it's full potential..

I just recently moved my fishy from a 3 gal home, to a 5 gal because he grew..in 2 months..something to consider:)
Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #18 
lelei

Also don't forget to add some plants for hiding, and security..if possible a small cave also will help so they don't get stressed..Silk or real is best for plants:)
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #19 
noellezim

Yeah they seem pretty happy, I live in a small apartment. so I have so much room for a 10 gallon tank. The tank is more tall that wide and they have lots of room to do spins and loops :) I agree with the caves, I have caves from previous bettas and they really didn't use them. See we made that tank split from polypro which is thin but they can't see each other. I might get a tank for each if they seem stressed. I love Betta's and have tried lots tanks, with live greens to plastic castles. I have had Betta's for 15 years. they are wonderful and graceful. I am totally against when they put Betta's in small cups in petstores. Anyway thank you for the advice Lelei ;p
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #20 
lelei

They are, fascinating lil fishy's ~ I am fairly new to being a betta mommy, really only 2 months or so.. wow.. I can only imagine where I will be If I keep this up for 15years.. I will have a house full!! and my daughter will too..lol.. But yea, I agree I cannot fathom seeing a betta in a small environment, because now I know how much more they thrive when they have what they need to do so:)