Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #1 
Sadie555

Bubbles!!!!!

So, my little Einstein girl seems to be obsessed with popping bubbles. Anyone have any ideas on how to make her happy with some more? She's hanging out by the FILTER to pop them! She only has a 3 gallon tank, so there isn't much room for accessories.
Sadie555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #2 
3l1zabeth

A small airstone
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #3 
lelei

Yes, my Sammy, became overjoyed when his bubbles flowed, and now just chases em, and loves em..also it adds needed oxygen to the water, so it won't stagnate, and fishy's do love to watch them, and play in them!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #4 
Sadie555

Of course, NOW, Einstein is terrified. Seems like the air stone created too many bubbles at once, so I had to clamp the tubing a bit so it would flow less. She still seems very confused, and is hanging out by the heater. Other times she seems really bored, and just pushes up against the side.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #5 
lelei

She will eventually get used to it, a lil at a time, is fine, she is younger, it will be a lil harder especially if this is new to her, give her time she'll be fine:) One thing tho, I stopped the filter, just so Sammy could have the air stone, he hates the filter.. I think if you have both running it may be too much..try stopping the filter..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #6 
Sadie555

I wish I could put a little something else into her tank that would float around. Something for her to push with her nose. I just want to entertain her as much as I can. (I'm an animal lover, and I spoil them!)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #7 
lelei

I am too, and I spoil the heck out of both my fishy's I just spent 20$ on plants, nothing else..lol..there is a kit, I saw on Amazon, I think that shows training a fish to nudge a lil bal on a lil ping pong table underwater, that is so cute..I want to get it too..check there, or Petland.com..one of the two, for now I tried a small marble, one of my daughters, washed and cleaned, to see if Sammy would do anything, but it does sink, so he just looks at it from time to time, but as long as your lil girl has plants, and a cave to hide in, she'll be quite happy:)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #8 
Sadie555

You were right! She's getting VERY interested in the bubbles now! Here are 3 pics of her playing in them!
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #9 
lelei

Omg..yes, that is exactly how my lil guy reacted when he first started seeing em, it's soo precious isn't it!! I love it, she will love em especially more she gets used to em, then wait till she gets older, you can see in my Avi, Sammy was trying to get the bubbles, as he was coming up for air, when I got the pic..when she is ready to handle the current, she will ride the wave that comes with the bubbles, I have Sammy's on full force and he "Bobs" in them, for a bit, then chases em around, like a puppy..it's priceless to watch!! I am so glad she likes em, and is gettin used to em,, Love the pix too!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
She will eventually get used to it, a lil at a time, is fine, she is younger, it will be a lil harder especially if this is new to her, give her time she'll be fine:) One thing tho, I stopped the filter, just so Sammy could have the air stone, he hates the filter.. I think if you have both running it may be too much..try stopping the filter..
Is your filter cycled? Does it have beneficial bacteria? The bacteria could start dying off. It needs the flow of the water to keep on eating. BUBBLE TIME. :3
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote