Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #11 
DalekDYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Or better yet, something like this for a bit more, which is easier to heat properly

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11164158
That seems like a good idea. I'm pretty sure we have a couple PetSmart's around here. If not, we have the french version, but still... Anyways, looks like a good product. It'll give him more room to move around for sure, even though he's as active as possible in his current tank/bowl. Plus he'll be able to see the world without it being warped. I'm wondering what kind of environment bettas like their tanks in. Do they really care?
DalekDYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #12 
Blue Fish

Mine always love swimming through their silk plants. Tons and tons of silk plants. ;) I think they like their plants more than the open water... ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #13 
RackinRocky

My betta is also depressed. He's in a 20H tank with 3 Kuhli Loaches, 2 Otos and a Mystery snail. He has 6 live plants, a big log, a smaller betta log (both sinking ones) and a wide PVC pipe that floats. Also a coconut shell with holes in it that both he and the bottom dwellers can go into, and he's depressed! My 55 gal. tank is only about 8" away from him with 5 female bettas, put there on purpose for his entertainment, but I guess he doesn't see them. I don't know how good their sight is. He has lost interest in eating, just like the OP's betta. He will eat maybe one or two bites every other day,and I do feel a variety of pelleted and frozen foods, but even then he is not the eager eater he used to be. I'm out of ideas, so I know how you feel.
RackinRocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bored betta, depression, eating disorder, not eating, surroundings