Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 
syds mom

betta with white spot under eye

Pic isnt great, but anyone know what this could be. White spot close to eye. Noticed it yesterday.

Last edited by syds mom; 01-13-2013 at 06:30 PM.
syds mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Probably a cut. Clean warm water and a keen eye :) If it progresses to more than just beneath the eye and won't go away after 5-7 days, then raise the alarm!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #3 
syds mom

Im keeping a watch on him. He has not ate since yesterday and staying at bottom alot. He is not himself.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Are you able to tell if it is slimy, fuzzy, etc? What's the temperature in the water? How big is the tank? How often do you clean it and how much?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #5 
syds mom

It doesnt look slimmy or fuzzy. It is just a white spot. Its not ick, and doesnt seem like a scrape either.
Hes in a 10 gallon by himself. I do a 25 percent water change every 2 weeks. Filter is fine heater is at 80-82 all the time. Tank fully cycled. Amonia,nitrates etc. is great. No change at all. He eats frozen brine shrimp and hilarki pellets just as all 6 of my others. He is probably the most active boy I have until now. I did get him to take 1 brine shrimp from my finger tonite but that was all. He never hides from me. If I have to do anything in his tank, he is right under me or shall I say in the way. As of yesterday he goes into hiding , not eating,or hes just sitting at the top by his hammock..
Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Try doing a water change weekly - even with one fish in a 10, I do that And have not had any problems. Especially if the tank is not cycled. Keep an eye on the white spot.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #7 
syds mom

Ill go ahead and do another water change. My camera is awful or Id try to get a close up of it but it looks like as if you took a white marker and drew a dot right below his eye. I checked to eye and it looks fine.