Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #1 
BettaGirl677

Smile Post pics of your accessories in your tank!!

Post pics of your accessories in your tank!!
BettaGirl677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #2 
emaleeluna

Crazy question

So, I have a betta, my first one ever. I've had him 6 days and am so in love with him, I can't stand it. I think I've actually become somewhat obsessed! Anyway, I have a plant clipping in the tank, from the beginning, it's one of those that just lives forever and he loves it! So, last night, my husband bought me flowers, he does that all the time, yes, I'm a lucky girl! In the bunch, there was some baby's breath, which also lives forever. So, I just got the idea to put it in Handsome Bob's tank because it's pink and white and so beautiful. Well, it looks great, he seems to love it, hasn't gotten out of it since I put it in there. He keeps bumping the actual flowers though. He's definitely not eating them, just seems to be playing with them. Does anyone know if baby's breath being in the tank can hurt him? I've tried googling it, but apparently, I'm the only human being to put it in a fish tank! Any help or advice would be appreciated, I don't want to endanger him, but he seems to really love it!
Thanks so much,
Emalee
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #3 
nicebear24

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaleeluna View Post
So, I have a betta, my first one ever. I've had him 6 days and am so in love with him, I can't stand it. I think I've actually become somewhat obsessed! Anyway, I have a plant clipping in the tank, from the beginning, it's one of those that just lives forever and he loves it! So, last night, my husband bought me flowers, he does that all the time, yes, I'm a lucky girl! In the bunch, there was some baby's breath, which also lives forever. So, I just got the idea to put it in Handsome Bob's tank because it's pink and white and so beautiful. Well, it looks great, he seems to love it, hasn't gotten out of it since I put it in there. He keeps bumping the actual flowers though. He's definitely not eating them, just seems to be playing with them. Does anyone know if baby's breath being in the tank can hurt him? I've tried googling it, but apparently, I'm the only human being to put it in a fish tank! Any help or advice would be appreciated, I don't want to endanger him, but he seems to really love it!
Thanks so much,
Emalee

I would leave it in the tank, but if you see anything strange
going on with him, take it out ASAP. And if the water seems clouded
I would do I 25 % water change. How big is his tank?

But if he doesn't show signs of stress and he seems happy with
it, I wouldn't take it out. Of course, I would give you better
infromation, but I don't even know that type of flower!

Good Luck!
nicebear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #4 
emaleeluna

Quick Reply

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I can't believe how much I absolutely adore this little fish! It's hilarious. I have been watching him for about an hour and so far nothing bad has happened, but I did decide to remove the "flower" portion the plant just because he was a little "too into it." I was afraid he would start eating the flowers and I can't watch him all day, although, I'd like to. So now it just looks like little skinny sticks. I cleaned it very well and decided to put another one in also. It looks like a little forrest in there! Each cutting is very small (skinny) and he seems to be weaving in and out of it. I think he loves it! He is only in a 1 gallon tank, my husband bought him and the tank as a get well gift for breaking my leg, but I am going to upgrade him to a bigger one this weekend. My tank doesn't have a pump, so I'm going to make sure the new one does. I'd like to get a shrimp and snail for him eventually. My water seems to be perfect, we live in the NC mountains and it's well water, but not sulfer like in Florida. It's just pure, clean water right out of the ground. I drink it straight from the tap, it's not chemically treated at all. I will get him a heater for the winter, but the temp seems to be fine now. He seems to be a picky eater, my husband just bought the BettaMin food that was at the store and he eats the shrimp out of it, but spits the flakes out, so I've ordered him freeze dried brine shrimp and Hikara (sp?) pellets, they should be here tomorrow. Thanks again for replying so fast and any education, opinions or guidance is welcome.
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote