Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #1 
Jessie1990

Introducing... Leviathan, Seraph, and Roku (Pic heavy)

I have a soft spot for King bettas from petco... I bought Levi because he was nose to tail in a tiny cup, then I bought Roku because he was at petco every time I went in to get things for Levi for 2 months... and I bought Seraph because he is gorgeous and... even bigger than Levi. Levi and Seraph are around 4.5 inches long nose to tip of tail.

Leviathan the day after I bought him

Levi now!

Getting ready to jump at invisible creatures that he thinks live on the hood

Sleeping spot!

Roku (fish that my bf decided was his...) who is very hard to take pics of

The divided tank (Home to Levi and Roku)

Seraph! (stuck in a critter keeper til his tank is done cycling :(

Flaring!

Watching the other boys (and flaring)

Sorry for bad pic quality! All photos are taken on my phone because I can't find the camera cord to upload photos. A little bit about the bettas:

Levi was my first betta and is very easy going for being so huge. He shares a tank with Roku who I can't get to flare at all. Both do very well together, due to their laid back personality. Seraph is the extreme opposite of Roku and is always looking for a fight. He even flares at me if I sneak up on him.

Seraph will be in a 5 Gallon Fluval chi once it cycles. Roku will have the 10 gal tank to himself once my 5.5 gal is ready for Levi. Roku is the only one that could possibly be in a community tank and will eventually live with some pygmy cory cats. OH and Roku lives with a Nerite snail currently (no name yet) All of them get along well with the snail though :P

I didn't want to post too many pics til I got them all healthy! So here they are!
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #2 
michbelle

Wooooow they are so beautiful! You have a very handsome bunch of boys.
michbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #3 
konstargirl

They are so handsome! <3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #4 
Jessie1990

Thanks :D I had a betta female at my grandma's house when I was little. I forgot how big their personalities are!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #5 
Nutt007

Awesome fish! Where did you get the divider in Levi's tank? It's nice!
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #6 
Jessie1990

I got the idea for the divider from another site. I will give you a link:

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

ALSO, if you do make one, be sure to put a piece at the top like a "T" so they don't jump over it.... my guys jump a lot for food... Levi likes to thunk his head on the hood -_-
Old 07-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #7 
lelei

Wow..they are all soo beautiful fishy's and big guys..I love the "Kings" as I know they need a lot of room, they look soo happy being out of their prison cups!! Thank you for being thier saviour!!! The Pix are gorgeous..came out very good..Levi is stunning!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #8 
Jessie1990

I was horrified when I saw Levi! He couldn't even swim. So I got him a 5.5, which he seemed happy with, but I ended up tearing it down when I got a free 10 gallon tank. Then I bought Roku because he was at petco with 2 other fish I am pretty sure were from the same spawn for 2 months. (The other 2 are finally gone) I have also had a Fluval Chi which is refusing to cycle... it's been about 2.5 months. The Chi was a gift from my bf for by birthday, because I thought it was pretty... I have decided it is a giant pain in the BEHIND. I was fish in cycling but decided I didn't want to do that because Levi had ammonia burns from being in a dirty cup at the store, then I tried pure ammonia... nothing. So now I am trying shrimp cycling. I think I waited for the pure ammonia lvl to go down for 2 months, and I have had the shrimp in for 2 weeks, with no results other than a smelly tank. I also drained the tank in case there was something bad in it. /End Rant

Short story: The Fluval Chi is about to become an NPT also... "If" the cycle doesn't start in another month.

(Seraph was an impulse buy about two weeks ago and my boyfriend was with me. He kept telling me to put the fish back and I was like, "I can't he's my dream "King" betta. I NEED HIM" and now my bf loves all the fish almost as much as me :P

Last edited by Jessie1990; 07-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #9 
Jessie1990

OH and I found out my fish were being overfed because my bf was feeding them while I was at work... so we had to have a talk about why it's bad to feed fish too much and now he feeds them once a day and I feed them when I get home :D

It feels great knowing my bf supports my new obsession! jk (sort of)
Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #10 
lelei

Seraph is gorgeous too!! I have yet to get a (King) almost, but I am obsessed with HM's and now OHM's omg..and I just recently took in a rescue VT..so hey next on the list..CT or a King..(hopefully)**wink**
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote