Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #1 
Ant10a

Local Pet Stores

I don't have any big pet store chains around me, and when I went travelling today I stopped in two small local pet shops.

The Bettas are in small bowls but they are clean, which is the good part. At least they are not in dirty water.

I wanted to take them all home with me, but I have always wanted a green betta as it is my favorite color. I seen two green bettas today during my travels which was 2 hours away from home.

I have an empty 10 gallon tank but can't get any more as I cannot fill that tank until I move in the fall.

I REALLY fell in love with those green betta's and still want to go get them haha, but sadly I must wait.

Just my story of the day while going into pet stores haha
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #2 
tamikakes

I always take for granted how "lucky" I am to live in such a big suburban area. I suggest getting your 10 gal ready and cycled and once it's ready, then be out on the hunt for your green buddy, that way you don't buy him on a whim cause you see him and have to make him wait. just my 2 cents.
tamikakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #3 
lelei

Well you could always get a small 2 gal and work your way up..upgrading is best when getting a new betta, at least I found, and it will always come in handy for others..lol..
I started with a med size Kritter keeper, and upgraded to a 3 gal tank, now I have upgraded again to a 5 gal, that way fishy gets used to swimming in a big space (bigger than the cup) but not to over whelming at the same time, then move on up..(just a thought) in case your ready to get him now..(no pressure..) wink**
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #4 
Ant10a

Well, I have 3 right now lol.

I'm moving in a couple months and dont want to have to transport more than the 3 I have now lol.

Once I move I will cycle the tank and if I really want to get my green guy when the tank is still cycling, I will get a smaller tank until then and house him good until it's ready.

I will have to hold off until then haha.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #5 
LizzyP

May I suggest aquabid.com for when you're ready for a green betta. I haven't really looked for green bettas specifically on there but I'm sure you can find one.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #6 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
You know, you might call around those same pet stores and any in your area when you are ready. Anyone who values making a buck at their pet store might be willing to call you when they have a green betta.

and if not .. .. I think of it this way, my favorite part is knowing i can take a new betta home if I see one that calls my name. So I try to be patient when I can't. (I too am waiting until I get my own apartment again to have a better set-up.)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #7 
tamikakes

how far are you moving? are you going to be any closer at all to a pet store?
tamikakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #8 
Ant10a

I am moving about 4 hours away.

It is to a big city which does have a chain pet store (Pet Unlimited/PJ's Pets)
Which I am not sure how they treat their fish there because I have never been there. They have one other small local pet store there as well.

I'm sure I will be able to find a green betta (Fingers crossed) but I don't know in how good of shape they will be in.

Either way, if I must nurse them back to health, then so be it! lol