Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 
Blake My First

Molly Fry Care

Okay I know this isn't betta care but my brother bought a pregnant molly and it gave birth this morning. He said he saw there was more than 10 fry but till I found out there is 7 left. I managed to save only 4 of them, the other 3 I cannot find them. They must be hiding in the gravel, ornanent, or plastic plants.

I decided to give them my 4 gallon half moon plastic tank that was supposed to house my future half moon betta. I used the Elite Mini Filter that was supposed to be for a betta tank, but taken out due to strong flow. The fries seem to be doing fine. I even added some Filigree Myrio plants to help with slowing down the flow. The flow is set at min. I hope the fries will be fine, even though I have no clue how to raise them, and especially when it's not betta fries.

I read online that you can feed them fine crushed flake food, which I tried and they don't seem to eat. Others said to try brine shrimp like what betta fries would like to eat, and what about blood worms?

Can you suggest on other food options?

Is 2 gallon enough for them in the 4g tank? It's filtered, not heated. No thermometer yet.

Any other advice on molly fry care?

Last edited by Blake My First; 07-04-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Blake My First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #2 
syds mom

I buy hikari first bites. its like powder but they love it. mine wont eat crushed flake either. My molly just had more babies also. found 9 first day and 12 two days later.
syds mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

This has to go on the section "Other Fish".
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote