Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #1 
kellyyoungmoney

New tank?

i saw this gorgeous betta at petco today and i really wanted to take him home, but i dont have anywhere to put him at the moment. i have a 2.5 gal for my delta tail, a 10 gal for my soroirty, and a 1/2 gal "hospital bowl". but my question is, what is a good reliable tank to get to house a betta? (prefferably under 5 gallons seeing that i dont have a lot of room)
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Kritter Keeper? Rubber Boxes?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #3 
Lost Eventide

Kind of depends on how much you want to spend I'd imagine. Just browsing Petco's website, I found this Aqueon LED Aquarium kit. It comes in 2 gallons, 4 gallons, and 8 gallons, but they start at $50 a pop.

I have never used it myself though, so I can't really vouch for quality. It seems like it comes stocked with a lot of the basic stuff you need other than a heater.

I have seen some people use Critter Keepers (which, admittedly, would be very cheap), but I'm not sure how well they'd do with a heater? It seems like they would be hard to get a heater to fit into as far as where the wire and such would go unless you cut a hole in the lid. I'd almost always go for a an actual tank if I had the option though.

I also saw a gorgeous betta at Petco today as well xD I was very upset my 5 gal wasn't ready for him, lol. He was one of the more active ones of the batch too.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #4 
staffylover

What is a critter keeper?
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #5 
Lost Eventide

It's a small plastic container with a fitted lid that has a small hatch and air holes (Example). A lot of people I know use them to house feeder crickets and such for their reptiles, and I always had one as a kid that I would stick bugs and stuff in if I wanted to watch them for a bit xD
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #6 
Sprinkles55

http://www.wag.com/fish/p/tetra-crescent-kit-116245

this is a good tank a member recently showed me. It's 3g, and on sale! I'm buying it myself, seems great :)
Sprinkles55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #7 
Kenny G

I have 2 Aqueon Betta Bow 2.5 gallon tanks and I love them. Petsmart has them on sale for 29.99. It comes with the filter/cartridge, 1 fake plant, sample betta pellets, and sample water conditioner.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #8 
lelei

I just got a Hawkeye 5 gal for 25$..@Walmart!! That is the one I have my Sammy in now..but I had a Hawkeye..3 gal prev..its a Led changing color..cylindrical tank that our Sapphire is in and that one was29$.on Amazon.com
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #9 
Laki

I can vouch for kritter keepers. They're cheap and they can keep a heater, no problem! I love them.
Some people don't like the quick surface evaporation from the lid but other than that I love it!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote