Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #91 
BeckyFish97

I'm just gonna stick my opinion in the mix, I do not like this idea at all.
Yes, a 1 gallon bowl is perfectly suitable for a betta if maintained properly, but to be honest, this concept is not right, it portrays the fish as a toy, an object to play with, yes there is some room for the kid to enjoy the toy and look after the fish, honestly they are marketing it all wrong, they have pictures on the front page of the website with kids all stood together HUGGING these teddies around the neck, with the tank dangling at an awkward and pretty dangerous looking position for the betta fish.What happens if they drop the fish while they're in the park with their new toy?Dead betta.What happens if they forget to do water changes?Dead betta.What happens if they think they should give the betta a hug too?Dead betta, these parents and kids are being mislead left right and centre, the information on betta care is minimal, and the information provided is not particularly accurate, these people obviously see animals as toys, and moneymaking ventures, and its not right, this tank is almost as bad as this one:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=lig...9,r:1,s:0,i:78
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #92 
Sakura8

My worry is that someone will stick something else beside a betta in it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #93 
xShainax

i can see them putting a goldfish in it
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #94 
Sakura8

Yeah, me too.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #95 
lelei

There are Negatives and Positives in everything..in this case..negatives outweigh the positives..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #96 
BeckyFish97

+1 lelei, and yes sakura, when they give people the idea that a betta is ok in there, I can see people then thinking, well if that fish is ok in there, then this one must be ok too, and this one should fit in with the betta, it might be a little bit of a squeeze, but they'll manage, we'll just have to feed them a little more!
Sorry gone into rant mode, I hate it when I see things like this!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #97 
lelei

Broken crayons, or dirt, (let's make mud) they might take it outside in the sun..to the park, leave it in the car..should I go on.. or the wrong food, and just taking the water out for fun..to see what will happen, there are good parents who will teach their kids right from wrong..but busy, working parents who are more preoccupied with life situations, will not think that thier child is taking care of a teddy bear with a fish inside..that is the reality..and in this day and age, that is the majority..
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #98 
Sakura8

But then, it doesn't matter what kind of tank/bowl, if the kid is that young, they need constant parental supervision around a fish or other living creature.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #99 
lelei

@Becky..just like the "Gumball Machine" again a Toy..for a Child..
Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #100 
ravenwinds

I think iluvfish missed my point...it is marketed for young kids...a stationary teddy bear around a tank that you can talk to, put bows on, etc is not going to engage a kid very long. My 5yr old would love it, and play with it for approximately 2 weeks. That is not very engaging!

And I agree, the first time the responsible parent turns their back? What can else can we put in Ted cuz Mikey looks board?
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote