Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #151 
Sakura8

Thank, you LaLaLeyla.

You knows, iluvfish could've gone to bed or something.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #152 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Yup, I keep seeing the dentist and his niece, Darla, from "Finding Nemo"! Every year he keeps getting her a fish (that he catches wild off the reef...*eye roll*) and she shakes it to death in its plastic bag before leaving the dentist office!
I had the EXACT sane thought. With the screeching noise and everything!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #153 
IluvFish31

I do live on the east coast and it is 12:52 am. I am trying to get to bed, but I am saddened to read that a kid loved feeding the fish, but hated cleaning the bowl. I know that I am not going to please everyone and that the Teddy Tank is a fine one gallon fish bowl. I think the engaging aspects makes kids more willing to want to keep the fish alive and well. Obviously a few kids are not responsible enough for any pet. Parents should have said to their child, "before I get you a fish you have to promise to clean and take care of it." Moreover, the parents should have held the kids hand for the first few times helping him/her learn the ropes of how to care for a Betta Fish (I mean on the company's website it clearly states Parental Supervision). I am not going to argue the points. All I know is the Teddy Tank is fine for a Betta Fish to live inside the one gallon bowl. I can not change your views on whether you like it aesthetically or do not like the fact that kids should learn to care and respect animals. I really don't like the small .5 gallon fish tanks or the even smaller ones that are in other pet stores. Focusing my attention on tanks that are really cruel. Not on those tanks that are fine for a Betta fish. I like the interaction and enjoyment.
IluvFish31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #154 
IluvFish31

What are you saying? I am an avid fish lover. Do not question me because you feel threatened. I am doing nothing wrong by stating a positive comment. Is it so bad to see things positively? XShainax, I do not want to argue with you. I am entitled to my beliefs and you are entitled to yours. I hope that this blog can be diplomatic with their opinions. Thank you LaLaleya and Sakura8 for your support. I hope we can all express our feelings and stay focused on the topic.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #155 
xShainax

Hm...Look up the fish lava lamp on walmart.com. That's geared towards kids
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #156 
Shayebri

Iluvfish, I think we all get what you're saying, it's just not our way of looking at it. That doesn't mean either of us are bad people. But I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are to yours, and you're basically saying he same thing over and over again.
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #157 
IluvFish31

Just checked it out- very upsetting! This is a .42 gallon fish tank. This is not fit for any animal. It does not matter who is it geared towards. What matter is the size of the fish tank is not compatible for any fish.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #158 
Shayebri

What really annoyed me with tht lava lamp, it did not just say fish, it said sea creature. What's someone putting in there, right this moment? Think...,
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #159 
IluvFish31

I agree with you shayebri, but if you look at most of the negative comments they all state the same things too- just different people. Meanwhile, I am trying to say that there are worse fish tanks out there, such as the .42 gallon lava fish tank. The Teddy Tank is a one gallon fish bowl and great way to teach kids how to care for a Betta Fish. Feeding it through the mouth, such a great concept. I like talking about other fish tanks that are horrible, such as the lava lamp or some other small fish tank that is no way to treat a Betta.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #160 
IluvFish31

I agree Shayebri! I mean the fact that it says all sea creature. What are they thinking? There needs to be a minimum size fish tank to house a Betta. One gallon fish bowl should be the smallest. What about the Marina Betta Kit .5 gallon. Going to head to sleep, but there are so many these tiny cruel fish tanks.