Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #171 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Everyone email your complaints to customerservice@teddytank.com
At least they'll know how angry we are, even if they don't change it. I'm sure if they get enough mail they'll at least be annoyed...

Guys, hide your "abused" fish in those wonderful 10 gal tanks that you feed better than yourselves... I'm off to alert PETA. They can work for us... Sometimes. :P At least get the news out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I e-mailed the customer service and e-mailed PETA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Wow..will PETA do something? that is a great idea.. I will do the same..thx:)
I STRONGLY dislike....no HATE PETA.
95.9% of the animals they "rescued" last year were put down. 80% of those animals didn't even have medical or behavioral problems that would of made them unadoptable.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #172 
Sakura8

Oh please, let's leave PETA out of things. They're an awful organization, so radical as to be uneducated and bordering on criminal.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #173 
ravenwinds

Exactly Sakura!

PETA doesn't want anyone owning/caretaking/having companion animals. They think all ferrets should be let loose to join the wild...ferrets have been domesticated for over 2000 yrs and for better or worse, are unable to live in the wild. I have 4 ferrets, 2 are 1.3yrs old and 2 are about 6mos. Neither age group can identify raw meat/chicken/fish as edible! They barely understand that a raw egg can be eaten and then, only if I break the yolk for them. Yes, they are related to the polecat, closely...but they cannot just be set "free" to live in the wild!
If you want to notify an organization that cares and will help, call the humane society or ASPCA.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #174 
ktlelia

Sweet mangos. I think some people out there just see Bettas as a decoration piece rather than a pet.
I sent a pretty little email to them.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #175 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Oh please, let's leave PETA out of things. They're an awful organization, so radical as to be uneducated and bordering on criminal.
Amen, sista.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #176 
shadowpony

Girls, girls, your all pretty. The TT has positives and negitaves. It isn't perfect, it isntimpossible to keep a fish in it (though an adult would have better luck with it, ruining the point of it). I dont like the fact that its promoted as a toy.
Oh and on the side, this thread is starting to remind me of youtube comment wars.
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #177 
lelei

What about the gumball tank is that ok I beleive it is a 1 gal it is marketed to children..and its cute..most of us dint like it..but I amm wondering if @lovefish..would yu buy that product for your child?or would yu put yur own fish in it?..& the reason I want to know is because yu may be a great parent..watchin over yur children teachin them right from wrong as thete are a lot that may..but Companies that make products for fish..do add that Parental supervision is necessary..but not alk parents are going to b able to supervise..at allk times..and in a perfect world that may be cute..for kids..but since where there are toi many companies making products that are too make money..and making things like Ipod speakers..and gumball machines..and Lava lamps they think its Cute..bottom line thete is nothin Cute about Mis treatment of a livning creature..(frim my phome..sorry for typos)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #178 
teeneythebetta

I think that if it can't be heated... A betta shouldn't be in it.
I also wouldn't put my betta in anything under 2.5 gal. But I dont think anyone should put a betta in under 1 gal, and that is only if they do proper water xhanges for a 1 gal
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #179 
xShainax

I am doing 100% every other day with my 1 gallon
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #180 
TigerRegalia

I also do 100% water changes for my current 1-gallon tank, and Tom is doing great. A few years ago, when I had my very first betta fish, I had him in one of those 1/2-gallon bowls with a live bamboo plant in it, and he lived for over 3 years. I guess it depends on both the regularity of water changes and the particular betta.
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote