Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #231 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Sorry if this is an old thread but it is so sick that i had to comment
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #232 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I do not think this thread is old what month is it from and that other guy saying good bowl ahh a 1 gallon unfiltered unheated tank is bad.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #233 
xShainax

All three of my one gallons are heated and get changed every other day
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #234 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

A one gallon is only okay for the best keepers like you but let me warn you they can not get good excise and I remember a study were they found bigger tank older Betta.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #235 
xShainax

I am upgrading them to medium Kritter Keepers soon, those are 2.5 gallons
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #236 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Great you bettas will love you even more i only keep two my parent will not let me get more tanks I just have a male in a 10 with apple snail with plants a female in a 20 gallon community tank I do not want to divide my 10 I do not like dividing because a fish could slip between or get stressed seeing each other.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #237 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

that teddy bear the guy who made it literally knew nothing about fish he said he keeps Betta fish in BOWLS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #238 
DeviCy

I sent them an e-mail letting them know exactly whats wrong with this tank and what they need to change. This is what I sent them anyone wanna add anything or correct me if I got something wrong?

I have a few complaints about your teddy tanks. I am a Betta breeder and know quite a bit about these beautiful animals and I would never ever place a Betta in these tanks and I will list the reasons why your product should never have been invented let alone sold.

Your website: Betta Fish orignated from Southeast Asia and live in small puddles. Therefore, they do well in smaller habitats.
Actual Fact: Yes they did but they lived in massive rice paddies and have territories that can span what would fill a 10 gallon tank. They link shallow water not tiny puddles. The ideal tank for a single male betta is a 2.5 gallon.

Your Website: We recommend using Betta Fish Pellets for the Teddy Tank. Feed the Betta sparinlgy 3 times per week. Only feed the fish what it can eat in 3-5 minutes. Overfeeding can harm the fish and cause the water to be really dirty.
Actual Fact: Bettas need to be fed twice a day 12 hours apart 3 betta pellets each time

Your only real and useful facts: Bettas breathe from the surface of the water and prefer water with little or no current due to their long fins. Male Bettas normally live by themselves in smaller containers or aquariums. They do well in a half gallon bowl or larger. Do not place more than one Male Betta in the same bowl. Betta's acclimate to household temperatures. Do not place the fish tank in direct sunlight or in a drafty area. Water temp. 74-82 F.

You should at the very least change your care sheet and replace your errors with true facts about these beautiful and intelligent animals. Or you can take off the keep your fish in here and leave it as just what it should be storage.

Good day and I hope you at least read and strongly consider my requests as I and many of my fellow Betta lovers find this to be outrageous and cruel to the animals.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #239 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Even if that thing held a gallon after decoration half a gallon only the most experienced breeders should use 2.5 and below and it still reduces life span do to low active and stress those corporate people know nothing about fish we could protest the head quarters.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #240 
SnowySurface

*sigh*

As much as I hate to say it, I can see why the makers of Teddy Tank made it. Parents like to get their kids "Starter pets" to teach responsibility. Fish are considered great starter pets and a lot of parents will get their 5 year old a goldfish because it seems like less work than a puppy. Parents also get their kids stuffed toys to play with and cuddle and explore the mysteries of life with. Then when it's bed time, the kid goes to sleep with the fish on a night stand, teddy bear hugged close, and a night light in the corner for security. From a business perspective, combining all 3 looks like a literal goldmine.

That's why I can't forgive this type of ignorance. Having business skills does not give you fish care skills. No fish are sold in pet stores as travel companions. As much false information as chain pet stores dish out, they are pretty good at telling little kids not to bring their fish tank to the playground or hug them at night while they sleep. If you do not believe me, go to a local Petco, Petsmart, or international equivalent and as the fish section worker, "Is it a good idea to use why fish tank as a stuffed animal night light and hug it while I sleep?" I'm 99.9% sure that even the generic chain fish store worker will say, "NO. Fish tanks should not be carried around like toys."

If you do something that even a chain pet store worker knows is a bad thing, you've reach a level of fish care ignorance I didn't even know existed. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote