Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #21 
lelei

I just sent my concerns in an e-mail~very curious to see if I get a response in return.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #22 
Purple

Hey guys, you can also call customer service. I'm going to call over and over tomorrow (they're probably closed now; it's after normal business hours) to annoy them. :l Don't fuss at the person who picks up the phone. They have no power. Ask to speak to the highest paid person there since they have the most control. If they won't let you, call again and complain about a rude employee. xP

1-855-833-3982
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #23 
Laki

There is no need to alert peta to anything. They'll only use it as a tactic to gain money. Honestly, they "can" do good.. But they go about it the wrong way. They're a terrorist organization.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #24 
Purple

I called to make sure, and there was a long wait and then I could leave a voicemail because no one was available. Either they're closed, or there are angry parents complaining about their dead fish and children's dead hopes and dreams... HA
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #25 
Purple

Laki, PETA doesn't do much themselves but whine and complain. A indirect help is that they bring attention to the abuse and the company gets a kick in the cash register.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #26 
ravenwinds

That is disgusting...I just froze when I saw that! It looks like a beanie baby wesite...horrible, horrible people! It said that we(parents) can rest easy as our child gets to cuddle a bear and gets to foster a close relationship with an animal! Also said they were on the "good morning America" show...as if that makes their product legit! I feel like crying and screaming out my frustation!

It's a good idea to bombard them with complaints. At least we're not sitting back or turning our backs and ignoring this wrong. Too many people do NOTHING and just let someone get away with an outrage such as this. That is problem with our society!

While it's a good thought regarding PETA, I agree that they are basically a terrorist org. I also believe that they all they can do is get attention to it, and there are other animal rights organizations that can do it better since PETA is strongly against owning pets so their agenda is opposed to us and our agenda on being responsible and humane caretakers of our beautiful animal friends.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #27 
birdielikestomatoes

Oh good lord. I can see so many things wrong with this product.

1. THE SIZE. It's basically a betta coffin.
2. If a child sleeps with it the water will slosh about and it could fall on the floor.
3. Children have tantrums. >_< I can just picture this 'toy' getting throw across a room or something.
4. This is teaching children and parents that cruelty to these fish are alright.

I just cannot list anymore without getting even angrier. And I also agree that PETA is basically useless. They started out with the right idea but the way they about things is ridiculous. They've not only given themselves a terrible name but also vegetarians and vegans.

*RANT OVER* Alright, I'm going to go cheer myself up by checking my gravel order.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #28 
ravenwinds

Yup, I keep seeing the dentist and his niece, Darla, from "Finding Nemo"! Every year he keeps getting her a fish (that he catches wild off the reef...*eye roll*) and she shakes it to death in its plastic bag before leaving the dentist office!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #29 
ao
TFK Moderator

I just sent "my letter of recommendation" too! I recommended them to stop promoting the use of the toy as a fish tank.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #30 
birdielikestomatoes

Oh gosh, another thought popped into my head. Children like taking their stuffed animals with them and they can be forgetful. What if they left this in the car!? Or decided to play with it at a playground where there are slides and swings and other things they might deem necessary for teddy to play on. Or...daycare/preschool/schools in general, where it could be left in a cubby, or locker, or fought over. Or what if they decided that fishy looked hungry/thirsty and put something in there like candy or soda.

Make the horrible visions stop! I'm torturing myself.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote