Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #41 
Purple

http://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.co.../02/index.html Just read some of this article...

This is being promoted for GOLD FISH and it's 2.2 gallons! That's barely enough for a betta!
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #42 
birdielikestomatoes

ALSKSDJFKLDJFLSLJLKFBLARG

At least goldfish have been getting awareness in the past few years and hopefully soon bettas will too. I admit that most of these ideas are fun, just not thought out in regards of the fish's health.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #43 
Purple

That got me started on looking at crazy aquariums... I saw an office desk thing that the base was an aquarium. I thought that was cool, but I don't like promoting the idea of using fish as a decoration.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #44 
finnfinnfriend

That thing is pretty stupid....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #45 
Lost Eventide

I was actually hoping that this product was some sort of joke. As a bank or nightlight or something, this is adorable, but not to actually house a live animal.

On top of the already mentioned issues, one has to wonder how a) the fish would even get fresh air and b) how the water stays in the bowl without spilling all over inside the head of the stuffed animal seeing it seems you just open the toy's mouth to feed to the fish, so there is definitely an opening. Not to mention that if the child were to drop this, I can just see all the ornaments going everywhere and crushing the fish or worse.

I can only hope that the majority of parents would look at this and realize just what a bad idea it is.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #46 
birdielikestomatoes

http://www.crookedbrains.net/2012/06...m-designs.html

99% of these just confirm my thoughts on my last post. Fun ideas, but not thought out.

*face palm* The USB one says that you can control it all on your computer and has a webcam so you don't have to look at the actual thing. What's the point in even having a fish tank if you aren't going to interact.

Oh and sure those fish pods sure are an interesting way to fill up wall space if you enjoy watching animals suffer.

That lightbulb...I don't care if it is oversize with the amount of water they've added.

I'm just cringing at the balancing one. Yeeck.

And the first one, my eyes just bulged out my head when I saw that. The water goes down as you wash your hands.

Last edited by birdielikestomatoes; 07-05-2012 at 11:11 PM.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #47 
Purple

The floating garden one... "This tank does not need cleaning." GAHHHH
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #48 
Purple

PETA emailed back!!

Quote:
Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for writing to PETA and for sharing this information with us. Like you, we are very concerned about the way in which betta fish would certainly suffer in “teddy tanks”, and we have passed your note along to the appropriate staff members here for review. If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to share your concerns and experience with the owners of Teddy Tank Technology. It is imperative that the company hear from motivated people like you in addition to animal rights organizations such as PETA.

Thanks again for alerting us to this issue, and for all that you do to help animals.

With kind regards,

Zoe Rappoport
Correspondent
PETA Foundation
I'll keep an eye open for an article on www.PETA.org about it or an email. (I'm subscribed to their newsletter.)

I'm kinda proud of myself... In one day I get WalMart and PETA both talking to me about betta fishies. :P

Last edited by Purple; 07-06-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #49 
LittleBettaFish

You do realise PETA in general are against animal ownership and that some of their senior head honchos have been quoted as being for the extinction of domesticated animals in several instances?

As for that Teddy tank thing, I can't believe someone sat there and thought it was a good concept, let alone that they actually got so far as to be able to market it.

The whole thing reminds me of those goldfish shoes that Disco Stu wore off the Simpsons. I suppose it's a good way to teach children about the harsh realities of life when they wake up to find Mr Fishy has gone belly up.

Of course the kind of parents that buy this rubbish probably are the type to rush out and buy a replacement fish or tell little Timmy and Susie Mr Fishy is just taking a nap.

I guess I will never understand the 'it's just a...." way of thinking.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #50 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, if PETA has their way, first owning fish/reptiles will be illegal. Then once they spay/neuter every dog and cat they'll eagerly await the day when dogs and cats are extinct. Lol. Course it'll never happen cause everyone thinks they're crazy.

Also, definitely gonna raise some responsible kids on that one, eh?! xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote