Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #81 
lelei

Fish do not = TOYS,,and in their eyes, they DO..this is wrong..if they get away with this..they will do WORSE..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #82 
IluvFish31

Smile

The Teddy Tank does not say the fish is a toy! The Teddy Tank is a stationary 1 gallon fish bowl. You are really misinforming the public. I read their Betta Fish Care page and they are serious about parents making sure to watch their kids when caring for Betta Fish. There is nothing wrong with this fish tank. Proper water changes and the Betta will live happily. Quit trying to find problems and just making statements without any rational support. It's like dealing with a kid they rant all day about little things without thinking them through and understanding what they are saying.

The Teddy Tank clearly states "If you are using Teddy Tank to house a Betta Fish please remember to treat the fish and all pets with love and care. Parents please supervise your child when caring for a pet. Remember this is a one gallon fish bowl, which will need water changes..."

Also they provide parents with other uses just incase they do not feel they are responsible enough to care for fish then they can place other objects in the bowl, such as coins.

Please open your mind and evaluate the positive lessons the Teddy Tank will provide kids. It will teach them how to care for animals. Finally, a fish tank that will allow them to stay engaged, instead of getting them a regular fish bowl at a pet store.
IluvFish31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #83 
LaLaLeyla

To be honest I agree with iluvfish31. If this was a normal 1 gallon bowl no one would make such a big deal out of it.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #84 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

To be honest I don't think most children learn how to take care of animals by their parents buying them a pet.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #85 
lelei

@Iluvfish..Would you put your beloved fish in the "Teddy Tank"?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #86 
xShainax

I bet they would. I am moving my new betta in a 2.5 as soon as I can
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #87 
IluvFish31

Smile

I know you are torn between liking and not liking Teddy Tank. But, put it this way you mentioned that "your daughter had a Betta Fish Tank for one week and forgot about caring for the fish." Teddy Tank brings that engaging aspect that your daughter would have liked. Feeding through the mouth or dressing it with hair bows. Using it as a nightlight. I mean that is what kids enjoy doing, therefore combine that with their enjoyment for Betta Fish and you have the perfect combination. I have a young nephew, who has the Teddy Tank and he is 8 years of age. He has it on his night table and even named the Teddy Bear, as well as the fish. It has lived in it for one year and there are no problems with the fish. As a fish owner for 17 years and I have two salt water fish tanks (175 gallons and 225 gallons) there is nothing wrong with this Tank. I think it's a cute idea and brings more attention to the fish.

Your second point that if things are cuddly then they should be cuddled. The Teddy Tank is cuddly and I agree that it should NOT be cuddled. However, I think if it were not plush than kids would not be able to relate to the object. Not everything is perfect. It also is a fish tank, therefore kids should stare at it.

This is just a regular one gallon bowl and a whole lot of engaging aspects for kids to interact. No interaction is meant for throwing, carrying, sleeping with the Teddy Tank. The interaction of Feeding through the mouth (will remind the kid to feed the fish). The interaction of dressing up the bear is to ornament their tank. The interaction of talking to the voice recorder and using it as a nightlight does not relate to picking up or sleeping with it.

[quote=ravenwinds;1151503]Iluvfish:

I still have a problem with Teddytanks....I just truly believe that a teddy around a fish tank is not appropriate. It is not going to engage a child longer than a tank by itself (which with my girls was about a week! Yes they still revisit their interest...).
I am concerned because children see things than we do! If it looks cuddly, it should be cuddled!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #88 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

But how do you heat it? O__O Is there a hole in it's butt for the heater cable?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #89 
IluvFish31

There is a heater for beta bowls, which are submersible in water. Check it out: Zoo Med BH-10 Bettathem Mini Size Betta Bowl Heater. Also there is a large whole in the back of the head and the skin is removable.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #90 
Sakura8

The ZooMed heater is not reliable. I had one. Heats the water up way too high.

Haha, let me object to it on a purely aesthetic basis then. I just think it's plain ugly. O.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote