Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #21 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso77 View Post
I see your point. I'm not sure some will take all help given just because some might intimate them, as in for example one tells them to add 3 tsp AQ Salt per gal and another says only add 1 tsp per gal. I can see how that could confuse some or scare them as to what is best to do, they are already afraid their fish could possibly die. I have seen this happen on another forum...

Not sure if that is kind of what your meaning or not, sorry if it's not... :)
Oh no, I meant it in that a user would say that they won't do something we suggest we tell them because "I know someone who had bettas and they didn't do that."

It's ignorance, and I don't like it.

Especially considering not EVERYONE does things right. Just because my grandmother gave her dog a bath everyday and used body spray on it (which she did), doesn't mean I should do it.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #22 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
Oh no, I meant it in that a user would say that they won't do something we suggest we tell them because "I know someone who had bettas and they didn't do that."

It's ignorance, and I don't like it.

Especially considering not EVERYONE does things right. Just because my grandmother gave her dog a bath everyday and used body spray on it (which she did), doesn't mean I should do it.
I gotcha. ;)
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #23 
Purple

Some people don't understand that just because a fish is alive doesn't mean he's happy... Like the "My friend has a betta she's had for 4 years and only feeds every other day and it's a quart of water and she's never done a 100% water change" story... You didn't mention that te fish's scales fall off and it's fins are nonexistent.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #24 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Can I say something?

When I was posting for the first time in the emergency forum I wasn't aware of the form/template. In all honesty, I should have checked for one, seeing as most forums geared towards animal care, with an emergency section, have one. However, I was on a one track mindset with my sick betta and didn't think to check.

I think this is the case of a lot of new members who come on here looking for help for their sick betta(s).
Ooopppssss missed your post some how. I agree, new member or not there is that mindset of my Betta is sick and that is the only thing on your mind and reacting as quickly as possible to help them...
Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #25 
Purple

But if someone doesn't use the sticky, it takes ten times as long to help them.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #26 
TheCrabbyTabby

Who cares? As long as they and their fish are being helped, right?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #27 
Purple

Anyone who loves their betta wants them to stop being uncomfortable/sick ASAP. If I could choose between my fish being sick for a few days or a few weeks, I'd of course choose a few days. Also, fish deteriorate fast. If you catch illnesses early, usually they only take a few days to heal. If you catch them in the mid-late stages, it's harder, maybe even impossible, to treat.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #28 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Who cares? As long as they and their fish are being helped, right?
Exactly.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #29 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple View Post
But if someone doesn't use the sticky, it takes ten times as long to help them.
Not always the case if they explain what's going on. If someone just comes in and say "my fish is sick, help" then ok yes that is too vague.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #30 
TheCrabbyTabby

My mother told me some very sage advice once. She said, "You need to pick and choose your battles."

That means you shouldn't start a fight over every little thing. Sometimes its just best to let it go.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote