betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #391 
dramaqueen
Banned

10:00 pm and all is well. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #392 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i would fight to have it overturned too :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #393 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Hmm... Well they are bred to be human friendly so that the people fighting them would not be attacked.. Attacking people is not their purpose..

They don't "turn" every dog will show some sort of agression, it won't just wag it's tail and have angel eyes then eat your face off.
The problem is they are OVER bred.
When I was a growing up I was always around large breed dogs. My mom bred Mastifs for years then she bred Rotts and even German Shepards. So I know large breed dogs are not easy to raise and care for and they do require a certain amount of respect{any dog for that matter}
There are to many people out there who want these dogs for the "cool factor"..they are mistreated and mishandled..these mistreated and mishandled dogs have pups...then those pups grow up and have more pups..before you know it you have a whole line of mistreated dogs that end up in shelters or in the hands of other incapable "owners". I have nothing but respect for those capable of taking care of dogs like pits. They need more than the average person is willing to give.
A few years ago my cousin had a pair of pits that he got from the local shelter. He had them for probably 6 months or so, And they seemed the perfect dogs...well behaved, well trained and great with the kids. I even let my then 6 year old daughter play with them {supervised of course}
I've never been one to believe that a dog can just "snap" but that is exactly what these dogs did...my cousins wife was sleeping in the recliner when the big female grabbed her by the leg, drug her to the floor and started biting any place it could reach..the male joined in and they literary tore her to shreds...My cousins daughter woke up to the screaming and tried to get the dogs off her mother when they turned on her..they chased her out the door and caught her in the street where they tore her up pretty bad as well. My cousins wife got it so bad that she is still going through surgeries to reconstruct parts of her body. No one knows what set these dogs off...my cousin's wife and his daughter where doing nothing to provoke an attack...they where sleeping! I mean it when I say these dogs where model pets before that.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #394 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
Im in Ontario and they are banned here. They are banned in a few other places in the Country as well but not the country as a whole. We are fighting to have it overturned.
Aww well I hope they do! If they want To ban one breed, it makes more sense to ban all dogs as a whole. Since any breed is capable.

The only dangerous thing about my pitties is their tails. Their tails are reaalllly hard so when they wag them it really hurts to get hit in the face haha

I have a few pics in my album <3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #395 
teeneythebetta

Okay I'm going to end the discussion on my breed because there's an entire thread dedicated to the lovers and the haters of these beautiful dogs... I'm sorryabout your cousin's wife. :(

Thanks for the discussion guys.

Glas you like the video MRB. I love it! Did you see the video about them pranking the guys? A "pregnant" lady (wasn't actually pregnant, just pretending) was gonna interview them an then acted like she was going into labor!

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 08-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #396 
starrlamia

anxious for results haha
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #397 
Relic

What's this thread about any way?
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #398 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Are you serious?
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #399 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
It was a betta contest. Were just talking while waiting for the results lol :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #400 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
Are you serious?
LOOOL
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device