Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1 
labloverl

Please help, I ran out of water conditioner!

So I started my weekly 50% water changes in my 10 gallon today without checking first to see if I had enough conditioner. After I vac. the tank, and took out the 5 gallons, I went searching for the conditioner, only to find a tiny bit left in the bottle. When I do the water changes, I add a few drops of conditioner to each gallon, and then add the rest after the tank is full again. I did that today, and just added a little to each gallon, and I only ended up putting 3 gallons back in the tank. THen I just squirted all that was left of the conditioner into the tank. Will my two males be okay until I can get some more conditioner tomorrow?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #2 
Blue Fish

So, did you use enough conditioner for the 3 gallons of water you have in there? If that is the case, and you just lowered their water level, they'll be fine, don't worry about it. :)
They can handle a lower water level for a day and be fine. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #3 
labloverl

I'm actually not sure. The directions say 1 teaspoon for every 10 gallons. Normally I just put a few drops in each gallon, and then the full dose after all of the water is replaced. So I'm thinking that the drops that I did get to put in each gallon today was enough.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

It sounds like it. :) And, I know I've forgotten the conditioner a time or two (realized it within an hour or so if not sooner) and my guys have been fine. They're tough little fishies, and I agree, I really think that they had enough conditioner to be safe with. :)

Do you use conditioner with a stress coat additive? That's the only thing I might add when you put in the rest of the water, just in case there was a bit of chlorine still in there that got missed. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #5 
labloverl

I think so. I use the stuff from walmart. (Aquasafe?)
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #6 
tanseattle

I just brought sodium thiosulfate and thinking about dilute my own water conditioner because it cost me too much money to use commercial water conditioner

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote