Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #41 
lvandert

Hmm he absolutely refuses to switch pellets... Good thing the breeder gave me a bunch of his old ones. We'd rather fill up on alfalfa than eat new pellets. I've been giving his a mix of the two and I always find the new left behind. lol I hope I can get him switched over before I run out
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #42 
teeneythebetta

He. Is. So. Friggin. Cute. *fan girls*

I think I just died. xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #43 
lvandert

lol thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #44 
lvandert

Well another morning of play and another pooped bunny. We figured out how to jump onto the couch this morning. Also got to play with our cardboard maze, but we more just ran laps around it. Binkies all the way around it though.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #45 
Laki

That picture where he's chewing parsley.. My. goodness.. panting... Dying..... soo. cute....<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Wow. Rummy is living the dream life!! His harness is so droopy! lol
What .. Oh yes, the pellets, you're right. Babies need the alfalfa. See, this is why people need to research!! I'm glad you put your time in reading up. Plus, rexes need to stay soft! And lovable.. Therefore they need "minerals"..
I'm thinking the vet probably read somewhere that ADULTS shouldnt have alfalfa and pushed her "knowledge" onto you with a baby bun. Which is unfortunate for the next person who goes in with a baby bunny and doesn't realise.
I'm rambling because I want RUmmy.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #46 
lvandert

Yeah I told her I'd make the switch but I'm not going to lol. ug its warm here again today, frozen water bottles are his best friend right now. We're also like half potty trained. We go in one little box in the cage, even when we're running around we run back into our cage to potty. such a good boy.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #47 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Yeah I told her I'd make the switch but I'm not going to lol. ug its warm here again today, frozen water bottles are his best friend right now. We're also like half potty trained. We go in one little box in the cage, even when we're running around we run back into our cage to potty. such a good boy.
Wow what a smart little guy! :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #48 
lvandert

he is. It's funny you can actually see him calculating things out I swear! Like climbing up the couch. We would run over and stretch up and look. He did that about 5 times before we tried jumping. We fell the first time but he jumped up right after that and made it.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #49 
Laki

What is he currently eating? And what do you want to switch him to?
If it's Purina fibre or protein I would switch. I'm not familiar with either but I don't trust the company.
How I switched my bunny from martins to oxbow and then back again was to mix the 2 foods together and gradually wean her... But she doesn't like oxbow as much as she likes martins! So I had to switch her back.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #50 
lvandert

its a Purina bunny food, which I don't know. I'm trying to switch him to kaytee fortified juvenile rabbit diet. Yeah thats what I'm doing. I've been mixing it together since we first got him but he just picks around them (except the little "carrot" pieces. There are a few random pieces that are orange, we like them)
I give him two "feedings" a day, one in the morning and one at night. If he leaves the new pellets from morning I leave them in there when I feed him at night. Total he probably gets around a half a cup over both feedings but he only eats half of that so in reality he eats a quarter cup.

If he runs out of his old pellets his switches to alfalfa. This morning when I woke up there was all of the new pellets in his bowl and he was munching the alfalfa... I'm hoping I'll start to notice some of the new pellets disappearing over the next week or so. Then I'll cut down the amount of foods I do give him because he's eating more of it.