Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #51 
lvandert

Well I think I have the rabbit beat. for now. I made some improvements to the pen this morning and so far we just can't seem to escape. HA! Unless we start climbing the sides. but thats why he's never out without supervision lol. Just like a toddler. I've also introduced the corner litter pan today. Yesterday when he peed on the tarp I just cleaned it up with a paper towel. Well I got lazy and didn't throw it away right away and left it in his play area. He came back and peed really close to the paper towel. So after he peed this morning I put the paper towel in his litter pan. I also put the old wood shavings in the litter box. Here's hoping he gets it. The vet said we wont do a neutering until 4-6 months old, so not until August to November.

And after a morning bout of binkis we have literally rolled on our back in happiness lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #52 
lvandert

Here's the morning shenanigans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSaJo...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #53 
Laki

Orange things in the food? I'm surprised he doesn't eat those! Just add more of the new food to his bowl. He'll start eating it, he'll probably prefer the old purina stuff for a while until he has no choice. That's okay. As long as it's being offered. Maybe don't top up his bowl until it's totally empty, that will make him eat up the new stuff. Bunnies don't like change, and it took a while for my bunny to switch. You'll probably run out of the purina first though!! lol
Did I read you put the soiled paper towel in the box?? That would encourage him to go back there to pee. IT also helps to hang the hay rack next to the litter pan bc they're silly and like to forage and poop at the same time.
I'm not sure how accurate this is (since I got my bunny at 4 mths old) but I read that people can litter train their bunnies but once they're neutered litter training needs to start over again. I'm not sure 100% on that though, and boys heal up faster than girls. (Acacia had this nasty old scar on her belly with the dissolving stitches)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #54 
lvandert

I know we'll have to re-train but it'll help to have a bit of a base (maybe) lol. Yes I put the soiled paper towel in the litter box. I figure it wont hurt to start introducing the litter box. Maybe by the time we neuter he'll be potty trained and he'll remember it. As for the foraging and potties, he's never done that when out playing. It's weird. He'll be running around and then he'll go find a spot and pee. Maybe because he's young he doesn't care yet. I think he may eat a bit of his old pellets when he get hungry enough. I don't think there was as many in his bowl this morning as there were last night.

oh well, he's his own little being with his own little ideas.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #55 
Laki

lol This is the first time he lived away from his momma bun. He's taking control. Ah, god bless the little worm! <3
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #56 
teeneythebetta

AWWWW His random hopping makes him look hyper :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #57 
lvandert

Thats called a binky, its a form of play. More binkies mean the more fun and the happier we are. lol He's a binky nut!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #58 
lvandert

Also been munching that alfalfa all day long. Someone picked the good pellets out again, but it looks like there are a few new pellets missing. We certainly prefer the alfalfa over the new pellets lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #59 
lvandert

So a few mew things have developed with this little guy. He's finally eating both of his pellets, it took leaving the ones he left in there for a day though lol. Stubborn little guy. We've also started using our litter box. He ran right in there earlier and peed. I had to give him a tiny little carrot top as a treat after that. I gave him lost of praise and pets as well. We also did a nail trimming last night. He was an angel. For never having his nails trimmed he did really well, except when mom accidentally ticked the hairs between his toes. We only had one little bout of kicks and then we laid perfectly still.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #60 
Pucky21811

Cutteness overload!!! :d :d :d :d :d :d
Pucky21811 is offline   Reply With Quote