Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #51 
bettalover2033

Yeah, I loved that pair. I'm working on HMPKs now. I really miss them. The female just wasn't working out for me and then the male kept eating the eggs. I've wanted HM dragons for a long time. It just didnt work out though.

I'm trying my luck with HMPKs now. You did a great job with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
That just sucks. Yeah my pair did great except that I still lost the father cause my dog had to play with his tank. Thanks for the warm welcome.

On the side note, female #9 is sold out
Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #52 
Creat

Fasht: I would love it if you could
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #53 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Yeah, I loved that pair. I'm working on HMPKs now. I really miss them. The female just wasn't working out for me and then the male kept eating the eggs. I've wanted HM dragons for a long time. It just didnt work out though.

I'm trying my luck with HMPKs now. You did a great job with them.
Keep trying! I probably just got lucky with my spawn lol. I'll be breeding again soon just to let you know. I'll be doing an HMPK spawn aswell, they strike me more than the long finned ones, atleast I don't have to worry as much when they tail bite lol.

@Creat: aight I'll post pics as soon as I can
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #54 
bettalover2033

I don't think you were just lucky with this spawn. You put time, effort and work into the spawn and got the ideal results! Did you get more males or more females?

I also moved on to HMPKs. I find HMPKs to be more "exciting" in a way. IMO, I like their "attitude" and speed. Also I rather have HMPKs because they seem to spawn faster than HM's and are less likely to tail bite, go through losing a huge part of their fins to when they wont look the same when they have fin rot. Their fins are less likely to have their fins snag and tear on certain edges. There have been very few cases of tailbiters with HMPKs.

Quote:
Keep trying! I probably just got lucky with my spawn lol. I'll be breeding again soon just to let you know. I'll be doing an HMPK spawn aswell, they strike me more than the long finned ones, atleast I don't have to worry as much when they tail bite lol.

@Creat: aight I'll post pics as soon as I can
Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #55 
Fasht

Quote:
I don't think you were just lucky with this spawn. You put time, effort and work into the spawn and got the ideal results! Did you get more males or more females?

I also moved on to HMPKs. I find HMPKs to be more "exciting" in a way. IMO, I like their "attitude" and speed. Also I rather have HMPKs because they seem to spawn faster than HM's and are less likely to tail bite, go through losing a huge part of their fins to when they wont look the same when they have fin rot. Their fins are less likely to have their fins snag and tear on certain edges. There have been very few cases of tailbiters with HMPKs.
I agree with you! long finned just tend to tail bite and it just makes me mad ugh. lol
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #56 
bettalover2033

Exactly. That's why I've decided to stick with HMPK's. There are very few HM's on AB that I saw that make me want to consider breeding and I'm also very picky when choosing HMs. I just dislike the common long anal fins on the HM's. IMO, it throws off the whole appearance of the fish itself.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #57 
Fasht

yeah, but it's really hard to find that perfect betta unless you buy it from someone like karen =D. I love her bettas <3
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #58 
Fasht

Female #6 is sold
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #59 
bettalover2033

I agree 100%! I have yet to find a nice HM that isn't an import and from Karen. I approve of very few. I have a HMPK pair from her and they are just stunning! Stubborn, but still stunning.

Well, good luck with your fish! How many did you have out of this spawn?

Quote:
yeah, but it's really hard to find that perfect betta unless you buy it from someone like karen =D. I love her bettas <3
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #60 
Fasht

Quote:
I agree 100%! I have yet to find a nice HM that isn't an import and from Karen. I approve of very few. I have a HMPK pair from her and they are just stunning! Stubborn, but still stunning.

Well, good luck with your fish! How many did you have out of this spawn?
I only got like aroudn 30, but next spawn would be bigger.
Closed Thread