Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #1 
battered

Atison's betta pro: Is it really that good?

For those of you who have it, is it really worth getting this over other foods that are available locally? Also, I'm interested in knowing general information about the pellets (pellet size relative to other foods, how well it floats, etc...) Any information would be helpful.

Also, where's the best place to get some of it? Is http://www.internationalbettacongress.org good as far as prices/reliability?
battered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #2 
deso

It really is that good. It's my betta's favourite food. I have no complaints about it - perfect size (considerably smaller than Hikari and slightly bigger than NLS) and floats for absolute ages.

Since I'm in Europe, they still sell it in chain pet stores here, but if you're in the USA, you can either get it from the IBC or from eBay UK. I've never ordered anything from them before, but IBC definitely has the best price.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #3 
Ilikebutterflies

The fish like it but mine sinks fairly quickly?? I have to set it in the water very gently or it just sinks like a rock. It's fine for the sand and bare bottom tanks but I don't use it in the gravel tank.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #4 
battered

Is there really a difference between how bettas react to different foods? My betta eats anything I give him, heartily.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 
battered

Anyone else?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 
ihatefirewalls

Moonshadowbettas has a comparison of most betta pellets. It doesnt have all of the information like pellet size/floating, but it's a decent place to start.

http://moonshadowbettas.com/2012/05/22/dinner-time/
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I use the New Life Spectrum Betta Pellets in the mornings, Perseus loves it and it floats long enough for him to get it and munch it down. They will sink if your Betta takes to long to eat it so I feed one at a time.

At night he gets the Bio-Gold Betta Pellets he loves those too and they float for a long time but I always watch as he eats it and only give one at a time. I give him 3 in the morning and two at night with a freeze dried blood worm twice a week or so.

Last edited by Perseusmom; 06-29-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #8 
ihatefirewalls

I use the aqueon pellets. The pellets sink, but usually stay afloat for a few seconds (long enough for the fish to eat) due to surface tension. You just have to feed one at at a time unless your fish hunts on the bottom as well.

The pellets are really uneven in size, and are often stuck together. This is useful since you can find always find a piece that's the right size, and annoying since you have to separate the stuck pieces.

On average they are slightly smaller than the Hikari pellets, which always float and are extremely uniform in size.
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #9 
battered

Just received an order of Atison's Betta Pro. From what I can tell, my betta loved it. Even though he usually swims down near the bottom after eating, he stayed near the top for a good 10 minutes after he was fed, like he was waiting for more. Never gotten a reaction quite like that before.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I feed mine NLS, Aqueon and Omega one betta buffet pellets.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote