Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 
TheCrabbyTabby

Thermometer?

I currently have the type that is that strip thing that attaches to the outside of the tank. I recently read that they aren't very good. So, I guess a new thermometer is now on the shopping list.

What do you think of this one?

http://www.petco.com/product/102939/...t=OnSiteSearch
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 
Chrexis

Looks good!
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #3 
MissLyss1024

I actually have the same EXACT one, but I got it at WalMart for $1.50. It seems very accurate and is sticking to the tank very well so far!
MissLyss1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

I use those too. I don't mean to scare anyone but a word of caution on the glass thermometers. I had a scary moment with my Charlie who has since passed of parasites I think. Anyways, He had one like that and I was doing my morning checks on my fish and saw it had water in it! I was freaking out because as we know there are chemicals in thermometers. There was no visible crack in it either. I did an immediate water change and probably freaked Charlie out more than the chemicals did but he survived.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 
Kenny G

I have those and they work great. I didn't pay that price though. I would have loved to get my from Walmart for 1.50 but by the time I drive to one it would ending up costing me more time and gas. Petsmart has them for 2.99
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #6 
ZergyMonster

My petco and walmart are right across the street from each other. So I just strolled on by to get the cheaper $1.86 thermometer. Walmart also have cheaper and (sometimes) better quality tank kits. I bought a 5 gallon tank with filter hood and essentials for only $30 while it would have cost me $60 at petco.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote