Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #121 
Aus

I don't mean to start any kind of disagreement. But. When you state things like they're fact, and in a religious context, it's kind of hard to not see it as... well, an opinion based in a religious context.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone there. But there's many faiths, many ways of seeing and experiencing. Not all of them come from the perspective that buys into the whole heaven and hell thing, which I am sure you can respect.

And hey, I investigated this stuff 20 years ago, back when Bruce was only a beginner 'world's leading expert' in what, in my opinion -and- experience is a bunch of white noise and the human mind's uncanny ability to make sense of random patterns. Like the whole 'backmasking' phenomena which Rob Halford from Judas Priest duly and succinctly put to bed during that ludicrous court case over 'hidden messages' in his records.

I wonder how much a ghost box retails for..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #122 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I don't mean to start any kind of disagreement. But. When you state things like they're fact, and in a religious context, it's kind of hard to not see it as... well, an opinion based in a religious context.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone there. But there's many faiths, many ways of seeing and experiencing. Not all of them come from the perspective that buys into the whole heaven and hell thing, which I am sure you can respect.

And hey, I investigated this stuff 20 years ago, back when Bruce was only a beginner 'world's leading expert' in what, in my opinion -and- experience is a bunch of white noise and the human mind's uncanny ability to make sense of random patterns. Like the whole 'backmasking' phenomena which Rob Halford from Judas Priest duly and succinctly put to bed during that ludicrous court case over 'hidden messages' in his records.

I wonder how much a ghost box retails for..
I state things as facts, because that is the way I am. I am a very demanding person. My goal is to make the world a little less dumb every day If there is a fight, I probably started it
I don't believe in literal Heaven and Hell, they are just.....nothing. There is only "on" which is what happens when you die. Maybe you are reincarnated? Possibly. Maybe there is Paradise, or you are reincarnated to have a second chance at going to Paradise....who the hell knows???
What I said about demons coming straight from Hell.....well that is one thing I am absolutely sure of....demons are from a bad place, and they cannot be cleansed of their bad ways. That's all I'm sure of. Higher beings come from whatever place they come from.....what we call Angels might be Spirit Guides.
I tend to stay dumb things on a whim.

I don't know much about that stuff....all I can say is, if you've investigated it, good job. You're also making the world a little less dumb
Yes, a lot of things on the Ghost Box is a lot of garbage, like you said it's just the human's way of making things sound more...humanlike. But I have found some legitimate-sounding things that make some sort of sense.
In one video the man asked a spirit to touch his hand. The ghost box replies, "I'm not touching you"
and the man asks "Why not?"
and the box replies, "I know where it's been"
Quite humorous....make of it what you wish.
And I think ghost boxes sell for maybe $150??? And usually you can buy a Radio Shack radio and tweak around some parts, there was something about completely replacing part of it with nuts and bolts and some hardware of some sort to make it sound clearer.... these radios that are GOOD for ghost box listening are usually $60-100. But either way I don't think it matters.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #123 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hmmm..... why would anybody want a ghost box? It's freaky as it is without one.

Where I'm at spirits are:
1. angles who guides us
2. people with great gifts, trying to guide us
3. people lost in between
4. genie (???) - they have characters like humans, some good and some bad. We humans are their "sheperd" (???)/spiritual leader (?)
5. demons (???) they come in all forms depending on culture.

Keep in mind that my views are highly influenced by religious views ..... every religion as far as I know, has their own manifestation on spirits. But there are some similarities.... like there are lepercon (sorry don't know spelling) and we have tuyul - both little creatures act like kids jumping around and all that and both like treasure in some way. Ours would often steal. ...... my hair is standing .... better stop.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #124 
TheCrabbyTabby

Leprechaun: A type of fairy in Irish folklore. Said to neither be good, nor bad. Its usually depicted as a little old man, clad in red or green and partaking in all kinds of mischief. They usually horde away piles of gold coins and it is said that if you catch one, they either must give up their precious loot or grant you one wish.

Sorry, I am kind of into mythology in general.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #125 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Thanks for clarifying that. Where I'm at they look little and old but they act like kids, and these too can be caught and "kept" as "pets" - sometimes stealing for their masters.

IME, if you don't view everything literally (?) and keep an open mind, you will find similarities in many religious beliefs. That's why I say Christian and Islam are from the same source. And I've also found similarities in Islam and Hindu, specially in its supernatural aspects. I admit that many "Islam" in my country is highly influenced by Hindu rituals but I'm talking about actual similarities (each having its own name/explanation - of course).
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #126 
Aus

I spent a long time studying and comparing mythologies from all over the world, and have found many similarities from all times and nations, going back to the ancient Sumerians and Babylonians, and as far apart as Hawaii, Australia and Africa.

Whatever they are called, and with minor variations imposed (I believe ) by different cultures, there's a few 'beings' who are in all places very similar.

The leprechaun/little tricksters are one. The white dragons/aka/fae folk (not faeries, but proper fae, the tall ones)/aka/shapeshifters are another. This last group is really interesting to me, as they are analogous to humans in intelligence or even greater according the myths, and are often regarded both as great teachers and quite terrifying at the same time.

One thing people don't tend to think about any more is the genius loci, or 'spirit of place', the beings who used to occupy certain locations. Like, a well or a tree or a stone by the road would mark their 'home' and people would leave offerings there to appease the spirit for 'trespassing' across its turf. I have wondered how many 'haunted' places are actually the locations of genius loci that are no longer honoured..

I met one, once, I believe. Long story, but I have never run so fast in my entire life, almost two miles from a camp I was at back to friend's house. I was apparently the colour of chalk, lol. I don't believe it wanted to harm me. It just wanted me gone from its home. I sure wasn't arguing.

Sorry for the ramble, lol. This all was my life's interest, up until a few years ago.

Last edited by Aus; 07-17-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #127 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Hmmm..... why would anybody want a ghost box? It's freaky as it is without one.

Where I'm at spirits are:
1. angles who guides us
2. people with great gifts, trying to guide us
3. people lost in between
4. genie (???) - they have characters like humans, some good and some bad. We humans are their "sheperd" (???)/spiritual leader (?)
5. demons (???) they come in all forms depending on culture.

Keep in mind that my views are highly influenced by religious views ..... every religion as far as I know, has their own manifestation on spirits. But there are some similarities.... like there are lepercon (sorry don't know spelling) and we have tuyul - both little creatures act like kids jumping around and all that and both like treasure in some way. Ours would often steal. ...... my hair is standing .... better stop.
People use them in "haunted" houses. People who have no psychic gifts whatsoever use them to communicate. Some people use them because it's fun to creep themselves out. Some ask meaningful questions. One man asked his box (this video is on Youtube, I don't know where though, but it's on HighSpirit75's channel) "Is there some sort of heaven" and a spirit replied "certainly"....
You can get all kinds of answers from the box.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #128 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I still wouldn't want one (box) ..... My hair standing is enough for me. I don't need to hear them as I would feel their presence anyway and I could often understand what they're trying to say (except for names). I don't want the possibility of facing a mean bugger I can't get rid of.

@Aus: I believe certain spirits will occupy certain places - usually where there are few humans (a quiet place) but sometimes they will settle in an occupied a house. These spirits range from humans, good genies to mean demons. .....

Some areas are known to be sacred (?)/haunted in a good way ... don't know the term ..... (eg. an area/ a certain rock or what ever where a gifted person often uses to meditate) but these places are more occupied by an "aura" than a spirit. I mean the aura surrounds the area and attracts many spirits.

Before the 90's I hear a lot of haunted trees cut down and the person who cut it dies. Only "strong" gifted people could "compromise" and give some sort of offering to compensate the spirit's home being torn down. IN my village, in a mosque area there were 2 gigantic old trees. I've often heard people pissing inappropriately at or around the trees will get lost and walk in circles until someone calls out to them. The trees have been cut down now (at least one of the guy who cut it died shortly after), and I haven't heard of people getting lost there.

I know, we could say that it was coincidence that these people died - not because they had cut a sacred/haunted tree (many Islam non spirit believer would say that). But in all reality these people died a weird death. And doctors couldn't diagnose any disease before they died. ..... believe it or not.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #129 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I still wouldn't want one (box) ..... My hair standing is enough for me. I don't need to hear them as I would feel their presence anyway and I could often understand what they're trying to say (except for names). I don't want the possibility of facing a mean bugger I can't get rid of.

@Aus: I believe certain spirits will occupy certain places - usually where there are few humans (a quiet place) but sometimes they will settle in an occupied a house. These spirits range from humans, good genies to mean demons. .....

Some areas are known to be sacred (?)/haunted in a good way ... don't know the term ..... (eg. an area/ a certain rock or what ever where a gifted person often uses to meditate) but these places are more occupied by an "aura" than a spirit. I mean the aura surrounds the area and attracts many spirits.

Before the 90's I hear a lot of haunted trees cut down and the person who cut it dies. Only "strong" gifted people could "compromise" and give some sort of offering to compensate the spirit's home being torn down. IN my village, in a mosque area there were 2 gigantic old trees. I've often heard people pissing inappropriately at or around the trees will get lost and walk in circles until someone calls out to them. The trees have been cut down now (at least one of the guy who cut it died shortly after), and I haven't heard of people getting lost there.

I know, we could say that it was coincidence that these people died - not because they had cut a sacred/haunted tree (many Islam non spirit believer would say that). But in all reality these people died a weird death. And doctors couldn't diagnose any disease before they died. ..... believe it or not.
Hmmmmm
What I see with my physical eyes is just more than spirits
I can see demons
Angels
And auras
Auras are the energy field that surrounds every and any object or living being in the universe. If something hasn't been touched by many people, it's aura is white. The more energies it comes in contact with, the more "color" it picks up. The couch in my living room has a distinct blue aura, meaning that most people who touched it were in a good mood, or they were happy.
That's just how it is.
I do believe that there are sacred trees though! I really do. They have distinctly strong and holy auras, and I feel attracted to them. They do have very strong auras and people who have sensed this usually prayed around them. I see your story has a connection here. Spirits like to hang around these trees because it's a "safe place" from any bad energies.
The people who cut down these trees died? I believe it. Sacred trees have an aura of power and mystery. They obviously were planted with a purpose. Maybe not by humans, but they seem to be there for a reason.
I agree with you.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #130 
betta lover1507

Am not sure if i see aura's or my eye's are just messing with me o-e most likely messing with me o-o"
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote