Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #181 
PaintingPintos

Mkayum:
You seem to be very gifted. Often people with "disabilities" such as you have (I call them abilities, rather) tend to have very strong psychic gifts to make up for what was "taken away" from them. You really have many amazing experiences to share with us. I respect that so much! The only spirit animal I've encountered was my dead cockatiel and a little dog that was barking outside my window last night.
Cookie was the best bird....ever. I got him when I was 4, my aunt had bought him, and she was more of like a collector and trader of animals. She'd buy something, not know how to properly care for it, then lose interest in it and give it away. That's how we got "Reilly" which my sister promptly changed to Rupert (she looooved Rupert Grint) and when I was 5 and we moved to PA, I changed it to Cookie. I accidentally tamed him because he was just so gorgeous. Every day for hours I would sit near him and talk to him. Eventually instead of attacking me when I changed his food and water, he would step gently onto my hand and preen me. After that it was all fin and games. When "Heelies" shoes were in style and I got a pair, I would glide around the house with my bird on my shoulder :) He would lift his wings and raise his crest, probably enjoying the breeze. If I moved too far away, he would fly to me. He happily took any abuse my little mind came up with. I remember putting him in a toy kennel meant for a stuffed animal and he just sat in there and chirped. He would just as easily crawl around under the couch with me!
My most vivid memories include him feeding me-- he would shake his head from side to side while looking intently at my face, and seeds would spray from his beak-- a sign of intense affection. I remember when we moved the couch to the opposite side of the living room to set up the Christmas tree, he would sit on my shoulder and we'd have to keep vacuuming over and over because he got seeds everywhere!
He was the most wonderful bird I've ever had (Well, nothing on my budgies of course. Their ridiculous sounds and loving devotion to me don't make up for being able to carry around a bird though-- you can't even pet them they're so stubborn) and on Sunday, July 6, 2008, when I took his dish out of his cage to refill it, normally he would hop right off and patiently wait for me to refill it. Well, as I pulled it off, he lost his balance and fell of. After that we realized that he was hiding an illness. I took him out of the cage and held him to my chest where it was warm. He snuggled up to me and tried to fall asleep. Then we took a heating pad and put it on the bottom of his cage, then covered it with towels. We placed him on it and gave him jar lids full of food and water. We went to church (me, crying the whole way) and when we came back he was in the same condition. We had to go shopping that day, so we put him into a cardboard box instead because the house was a bit drafty. We set him up with the same stuff, and I kissed him goodbye and we left. We came back around 10:30 pm, and I remember running to his box.
Well, I found him dead. He was looking as though he had been really struggling to crawl over to the water dish, and he had died with his wing and foot outstretched.
My sister and I could only sit on the floor and cry.....my dad was so confused, he had no idea what to say. He immediately offered to buy me another bird the next day, and I said yes, I wanted another buddy ASAP. I really did. When something of mine dies, I want to replace it in order to keep me company. If it's gone then I feel empty inside.
My mom said no, because due to my many horrible allergies I couldn't get another Cockatiel.
We kept the cage in the living room for 3 months after that, not wanting to move it. I SWEAR, every time I came into the room I would see Cookie lift his wings in greeting.
When we moved the cage downstairs into storage, I would still see him in the cage. A bright yellow little bird, so happy to see me. I guess his spirit was attached to the cage, and when we sold it this year his spirit totally disappeared.
Well that Christmas I got Angel the 3 month old budgie. I was overjoyed at the sight of a bird cage under the tree, covered with a little cloth with my name on it. He was the cutest budgie EVER.
I worked so hard at taming him. Every day, 5 times a day, I would sit in 15 minute sessions, talking to him, and eventually progressing to getting him eating from my hands, then perching on them.

But last night there was what I think was a little white Westie marking in the front yard. I don't know if someone's dog got loose (the only dogs in my extremely rural neighborhood are either black pitbulls or black labs---nothing with a bark that high-pitched)

Anyway, I should stop jabbering, you're probably busy xD
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #182 
PaintingPintos

I'd rather not share this with the whole world, but there are many spirits in my house. The one who likes to move my windchimes is a big white orb, like 2 1/2 feet in diameter....it's really weird. Right now it chimed them a bit then looked at me to see if I noticed.
I definitely know there's a little girl in the house named Megan; that's the purple outline that I saw in the bathroom, and the shadow in the hallway.
I don't know any other names, but I'm hoping I can work with Megan so she can help me figure it out!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #183 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
I'd rather not share this with the whole world, but there are many spirits in my house. The one who likes to move my windchimes is a big white orb, like 2 1/2 feet in diameter....it's really weird. Right now it chimed them a bit then looked at me to see if I noticed.
I definitely know there's a little girl in the house named Megan; that's the purple outline that I saw in the bathroom, and the shadow in the hallway.
I don't know any other names, but I'm hoping I can work with Megan so she can help me figure it out!
Just curious, what told you the name Megan?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #184 
mkayum

Quote:
Mkayum:
You seem to be very gifted. Often people with "disabilities" such as you have (I call them abilities, rather) tend to have very strong psychic gifts to make up for what was "taken away" from them. You really have many amazing experiences to share with us. I respect that so much! The only spirit animal I've encountered was my dead cockatiel and a little dog that was barking outside my window last night.
Cookie was the best bird....ever. I got him when I was 4, my aunt had bought him, and she was more of like a collector and trader of animals. She'd buy something, not know how to properly care for it, then lose interest in it and give it away. That's how we got "Reilly" which my sister promptly changed to Rupert (she looooved Rupert Grint) and when I was 5 and we moved to PA, I changed it to Cookie. I accidentally tamed him because he was just so gorgeous. Every day for hours I would sit near him and talk to him. Eventually instead of attacking me when I changed his food and water, he would step gently onto my hand and preen me. After that it was all fin and games. When "Heelies" shoes were in style and I got a pair, I would glide around the house with my bird on my shoulder :) He would lift his wings and raise his crest, probably enjoying the breeze. If I moved too far away, he would fly to me. He happily took any abuse my little mind came up with. I remember putting him in a toy kennel meant for a stuffed animal and he just sat in there and chirped. He would just as easily crawl around under the couch with me!
My most vivid memories include him feeding me-- he would shake his head from side to side while looking intently at my face, and seeds would spray from his beak-- a sign of intense affection. I remember when we moved the couch to the opposite side of the living room to set up the Christmas tree, he would sit on my shoulder and we'd have to keep vacuuming over and over because he got seeds everywhere!
He was the most wonderful bird I've ever had (Well, nothing on my budgies of course. Their ridiculous sounds and loving devotion to me don't make up for being able to carry around a bird though-- you can't even pet them they're so stubborn) and on Sunday, July 6, 2008, when I took his dish out of his cage to refill it, normally he would hop right off and patiently wait for me to refill it. Well, as I pulled it off, he lost his balance and fell of. After that we realized that he was hiding an illness. I took him out of the cage and held him to my chest where it was warm. He snuggled up to me and tried to fall asleep. Then we took a heating pad and put it on the bottom of his cage, then covered it with towels. We placed him on it and gave him jar lids full of food and water. We went to church (me, crying the whole way) and when we came back he was in the same condition. We had to go shopping that day, so we put him into a cardboard box instead because the house was a bit drafty. We set him up with the same stuff, and I kissed him goodbye and we left. We came back around 10:30 pm, and I remember running to his box.
Well, I found him dead. He was looking as though he had been really struggling to crawl over to the water dish, and he had died with his wing and foot outstretched.
My sister and I could only sit on the floor and cry.....my dad was so confused, he had no idea what to say. He immediately offered to buy me another bird the next day, and I said yes, I wanted another buddy ASAP. I really did. When something of mine dies, I want to replace it in order to keep me company. If it's gone then I feel empty inside.
My mom said no, because due to my many horrible allergies I couldn't get another Cockatiel.
We kept the cage in the living room for 3 months after that, not wanting to move it. I SWEAR, every time I came into the room I would see Cookie lift his wings in greeting.
When we moved the cage downstairs into storage, I would still see him in the cage. A bright yellow little bird, so happy to see me. I guess his spirit was attached to the cage, and when we sold it this year his spirit totally disappeared.
Well that Christmas I got Angel the 3 month old budgie. I was overjoyed at the sight of a bird cage under the tree, covered with a little cloth with my name on it. He was the cutest budgie EVER.
I worked so hard at taming him. Every day, 5 times a day, I would sit in 15 minute sessions, talking to him, and eventually progressing to getting him eating from my hands, then perching on them.

But last night there was what I think was a little white Westie marking in the front yard. I don't know if someone's dog got loose (the only dogs in my extremely rural neighborhood are either black pitbulls or black labs---nothing with a bark that high-pitched)

Anyway, I should stop jabbering, you're probably busy xD
Wow that's amazing but sometimes it's sad because we miss them and we would ask why do they leave us. I guess I got too attracted to something small and living. I think Kiwi is probably in good place because she died by my cat. I placed her next to him because Tego was first animal that Kiwi chose him to be buddies. I havent hear or seen her since her death... but Baby and Jebby .. Like you said the spirit would be attracted to things ...I think they're still here because I have things that belonged to them. I have a swing of Baby's and the cage/wheel is Jebby's that's probably reason why they kept coming back and made my cat nervous. But I won't throw them away because someday I would use them again if I ever get another pet. Yes my cat gets nervous because he knew that they're dead and was probably surprised to see that they're still here.

The last of the post made me have chills in my back. :( Yesterday, my cat was sleeping next to me in my room and he kept waking up and looking at the door. I would kind tell him to stop but he got too far, he stood and his ears was pointing at the door.He won't stop till it leave us alone. I decided to ignore it and continue to watch the shows on netflix. It was so creepy and but it seems happen almost every night but only after midnight. It's annoying and frightening for me cause he'd alert me every time it get closer. If it get closer, I'd go to sleep as soon as possible.

I find it funny because my cat is very big (he gets that from his father) and is fearless enough to scare a dog off. He did a few times with neighbor/friend/stray dogs lol. But he get nervous and would fold his ears and hiss at something that I couldn't see... I admire his strength and also for him to protect me. He doesn't like any people but only family members. He would go look out of the windows and hiss every time strangers or pets pass by my house. He does get along with only my pets. He doesn't mind my parakeet & leopard gecko and my other pets because they're mine. if they're not mine, he would kill them like he did with mice and bugs. If I caught him trying to catch a mouse, I would tell him to stop and he backed off and lets go the mouse. It happened once. xD but I decided to let him to catch them whatever he wants but he only release it if it's dead so I would come to see them and dispose them. lol. it's gross but hey he's a smart cat haha.

oh here's a picture of Tego and his friends. Berry (blue) and Kiwi (green) (deceased) the parakeets.
He don't mind them at all.. c:

And I'd love to hear some more! xD
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #185 
mkayum

Quote:
O.O It's so strange... maybe it's trying to get your attention..

I hope you get the info from those ( I hope they're friendly) spirits. c:

my cat would hiss at the door (in my room) and I'd see the door trying to open itself but not open fully but opening extremely slowly then stop. It's like something with energy is trying to open the door but couldn't. I would go to my door and shut it completely or move the table against the door. I had seen shadows a few times. I would see shadows in my sister's room and downstairs. I didn't see them very often, I'm not sure why. I seem to see and feel that my deceased pets are still here. Like something's in your gut is telling you that your bird is by you or over there.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #186 
TheCrabbyTabby

Every night, when I was growing up, the door to my bedroom would open up a little ways. Almost always as I was falling asleep. No one would come in and no one would be at the other side. At first I was kind of spooked, but later I thought of it as a spirit always coming to check up on me as a parent would at night.

I also was adamant as a small child, that I had an invisible friend named Kate. I don't know why I was so firm on the name, and I don't recall ever being able to physically see her. Then came two new, or possibly the same friend in two forms, I called Ghosty 1 and Ghosty 2. The strange part was that Ghosty 2 was invisible from the waist up and Ghosty 1 was completely invisible. They would both be completely invisible, even to me, except for when they were in my dreams, in which case Ghosty 2's legs and pelvis would be the only visible part of the two of them, fully fleshed and clad in jeans and sneakers. They appeared to be my age, and would likely have been in my class at school.

Ghosts and spirits would always visit me in my dreams, but not always friendly. One dream I had, I was in a room, and from outside of the room came the sound of something big and awful walking down the hallways towards the door. Soon after large and terrible entity I called the "Static Monster" came in. It was nearly 8 feet tall, very thick and wide, and looked like it was composed entirely out of that TV static snow, and attached to it were socks and other bits of clothes. Apparently it came from the dryer. It then proceeded to roughly grab me and yank me up to its "face", which it had only two completely black almond shaped eyes. As its hand touched me, I felt the weirdest sensation there, like that pins and needles feeling you get as your hand or foot wakes up from being "asleep".

I don't really remember what happened next, only that the entity was angry, and couldn't be calmed by any means. Then I woke up. After this horrible nightmare, I had another dream, with him or it marching alongside many others just like it, two by two in a long precession, up the sidewalk towards my house. They made that marching sound, the sound of many feet walking in unison, And somehow, I grew terrified of that sound. So much so, that when I was laying in my bed at night, and I heard the sound of my heart beating in my ears (and I didn't know at the time it was just my heart beat) I would think it was those monsters, coming to march out of my head, through my ears, out of the dream world and into the real world.

Silly, I know, but it terrified me until I learned it was the harmless beating of my own heart.

I also had another strange dream when I was little, this time I was in a strange home, a home I've never been in, and my brothers and I were playing Go Fish on a rug by the front door, apparently in some sort of foyer. Suddenly, through the mail slot in the door, a huge, and I mean huge, snake came slithering in. It was bigger than any snake could possibly get. My brothers and I ran, right up the stairs, with me tailing behind. When I was about halfway up the stairs, the snake wrapped its massive coils around me, drew me back down the stairs and into its waiting mouth, where it began to swallow me, head first. I could even feel its fangs pierce my scalp. Sharp piercing pain. I could also feel the sensation of the snake opening and closing its mouth as it proceeded to consume me.

Strangely, I have never ever been afraid of snakes. Not even since that dream.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #187 
PaintingPintos

@Mkayum
Your budgies ARE FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!!!
What a sweet kitty you have.....very protective and watchful. I bet she knows everything about your "disability", the genius little cat...
If my cats got ANYWHERE near my budgies, they would immediately attack. That's what happened to Angel a couple of years ago :( Pumpkin escaped from where she was locked up, I left the room, and suddenly Angel was flying very low and dazed, and tried to fly into my room at me, but hit the wall. The poor little budgie was bleeding EVERYWHERE and the little guy came to right where he saw me go before! Silly little thing....well I was hysterical, anyway. My dad called a vet (dog and cat, unfortunately, but he had dealt with birds before) and he immediately took us. Of course he gave the little guy antibiotics, some shots, and some medication for me to give him twice a day. He had torn basically every tendon under his left wing. Yet on day 3 when I caught him with a towel to administer his medicine to the wing, he ESCAPED AND FLEW A LAP AROUND THE ROOM!!!!
DAMN, was all I could think xD
Anyway, the vet was astounded when I brought him in on day 2....he thought for sure that the birdie was a goner O____________________O
Well, he's completely healed up anyway. I feel so bad because I never sent a thank-you card and a picture for Christmas to the vet, because he did such an amazing job.....
Ah, well!

@TheCrabbyTabby
THOSE ARE SOME MESSED UP STORIES!!!! I don't know what to think of them--- those are beyond freaky. I honestly think that either you had an extremely vivid imagination, or these scary monsters are real. However, there are things beyond spirits that are more terrifying than anything else, and make spirits seem like little non-frightening ants compared to them. Was the Static Monster even real?? Because that is the scariest part of your story, in my opinion. I would be beyond traumatized. I can hardly sleep because a black shadow follows me around along with a little ghost girl named Megan-- you have some GUTS to live with seeing that stuff. And what else is there to say?
Ghosty1 and Ghosty2 sound like brothers to me, as strange as it sounds. Whatever they were they sound real...often with spirits you can only see their bodies and not their faces. If you're in a dream and you can see someone's face, then that means that you have met or seen that person in real life. If you can't, then you've NEVER seen them. I've had dreams before where I've ended up from a lucid dream to a white room in a beach chair across from a girl whose face I couldn't see, asking me how to gain control of a lucid dream. No idea if it was real...

As an update:
A few minutes ago I was in my room. I keep a notebook where I write down the names of every spirit I've ever met, I draw what they look like, and some basic info about them. I was drawing Roy, a man who lived in my house, then I messed up and started on a girl named Abigail who resides at my friend's aunt's house. I messed up, so I decided to draw Megan, the ghost girl in my house. I didn't get any info, so I was frustrated.
I suddenly thought, "Wow, the goldfish tank is awfully loud....I should do a water change, maybe I'll be able to hear the spirits better if the water level isn't so low"
And I got up and left the room. RIGHT as I got into the hallway, I saw Megan standing there in the middle of it!!
THE CLEVER LITTLE THING!!
She was luring me into the bathroom so she could talk to me THERE! She knew I had to go fill up the buckets at the bathtub....lol. I can't even believe she almost TRICKED ME!!! And how old is she? Not that old....she must be younger than 11. And right now she's standing next to me because she's wondering why I'm thinking about her so much.....ahahahahahah.
I always sense her in my parent's bathroom, which was where I was going to get the buckets.....Ah, what a clever, clever thing. I can't get over how manipulative she is. She ALWAYS ends up luring me to my parent's bathroom! "I have to pee. I should go to my parent's bathroom where I can put a band-aid on this cut that doesn't seem to need one, but I'll put it on anyways".....
Oh GOSH. I should be careful, though.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
She just poked my leg!!! Right now!!!
My legs are stretched in front of me on a footrest.....ah, the silly kid.
I can't wait to actually have a conversation with her. She seems so intelligent!
I'll do another update tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #188 
PaintingPintos

As an update:
A few minutes ago I was in my room. I keep a notebook where I write down the names of every spirit I've ever met, I draw what they look like, and some basic info about them. I was drawing Roy, a man who lived in my house, then I messed up and started on a girl named Abigail who resides at my friend's aunt's house. I messed up, so I decided to draw Megan, the ghost girl in my house. I didn't get any info, so I was frustrated.
I suddenly thought, "Wow, the goldfish tank is awfully loud....I should do a water change, maybe I'll be able to hear the spirits better if the water level isn't so low"
And I got up and left the room. RIGHT as I got into the hallway, I saw Megan standing there in the middle of it!!
THE CLEVER LITTLE THING!!
{EDIT: and even as I was walking to the bathroom, I thought of Megan saying, "I'll come see you"}
She was luring me into the bathroom so she could talk to me THERE! She knew I had to go fill up the buckets at the bathtub....lol. I can't even believe she almost TRICKED ME!!! And how old is she? Not that old....she must be younger than 11. And right now she's standing next to me because she's wondering why I'm thinking about her so much.....ahahahahahah.
I always sense her in my parent's bathroom, which was where I was going to get the buckets.....Ah, what a clever, clever thing. I can't get over how manipulative she is. She ALWAYS ends up luring me to my parent's bathroom! "I have to pee. I should go to my parent's bathroom where I can put a band-aid on this cut that doesn't seem to need one, but I'll put it on anyways".....
Oh GOSH. I should be careful, though.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
She just poked my leg!!! Right now!!!
My legs are stretched in front of me on a footrest.....ah, the silly kid.
I can't wait to actually have a conversation with her. She seems so intelligent!
I'll do another update tomorrow.[/quote]
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #189 
teeneythebetta

Sorry if this is a dumb question... Can they read what you type?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #190 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question... Can they read what you type?
Maybe....I'm not sure. I think some animals can't see television or computer screens (not sure which) but I think spirits must be able to see, as long as they're able to read the language you're typing in.
And before you get all paranoid, don't be.....
If there is a spirit next to you, you will feel it walk over to you with the utmost certainty. You will not say "Hmmm, I think there's a spirit over there. It's probably going to walk up to me." then you will trick your own mind into thinking that whole scenario is true....but when it happens, it happens. If you think thoughts like that you'll just end up scaring yourself.
Also, why would spirits care what you're typing about??? You could be on a forum about rubber chickens....lol.
Anyway, the spirit Megan, the girl in my house, would probably not come over to check on me because she is stubborn. It's just her human personality. I don't think that if I talked out loud about her she'd come either.
BUT-- the spirit Roy, when he was at my house, would always come up to me out of curiosity if I were talking about him with a friend.
My friend's favorite spirit in her house, Johnny, happens to have a crush on her (weird, yes, I know. But spirits have totally human personalities-- the same ones they had when they were alive) and she's most comfortable with him. He's also very curious and always sends her messages at random. Sometimes he tells her to go to the cellar so he can talk to her, sometimes he tells her that he's in her parent's bedroom if she'd like to check on him.
Another spirit in her house, Emily, is a very stubborn and pessimistic girl, who gets extremely annoyed if she is interrogated or talked to too much, and after a while she'll just leave the room and completely ignore you xD
Ummm also the old man at her house, 83 years old with Alzheimer's, Lenny, is too confused to really think of anything.
Right now Megan is in my room. I'm on my bed and I guess she would come out of curiosity, now that I think of it. I started thinking about her so she's right by my desk, I just saw her shadow figure pass by.
Enough chatting for now! I'll go read a book~