Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #11 
Catfish Billy

Oh! That's good! I thought I'd been disrespectful or something....

In that case, thank you!
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #12 
BeckyFish97

Woooow, I never know what to believe, but I would rather believe in spirits knowing that I could one day meet the ones I have loved and lost, than refuse to believe and miss something truly special, I am really very interested now, so could some of the people here send me PM's about the "science" of "seeing" not sure if thats the right way to put it...
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #13 
Aus

The.. whatnow?

No "science" to it. I see dead people, that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure if you mean something like 'intuitive/psychic development'.. I used to teach classes in that, saw some amazing things in those classes.

My only advice to folks seeking that sort of thing is to make a sharp about-face & retreat from anyone rabbiting on about "evil spirits".. I don't have much patience for those teaching people how to be afraid.

Last edited by Aus; 07-08-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #14 
thekinetic

Becky if you're not gifted in it there is still a way of awakening it in you but it will require a commitment on your part. You must learn to leave your body and travel to the world beyond. When you do it does something to you, I'm not sure what but you seem to become more attuned to the world.

But do not become scared once you do or your mind will build a wall that is hard to overcome, happend to me.

As for how.....well there are so many methods you are just going to have to do the research. However may I suggest the Monroe Technique, it seems to be the more user friendly methods of having an OOBE.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #15 
Aus

I'm a huge fan of Robert Monroe. I lent my copy of 'Journeys Out of the Body' to someone years ago, and have never found another one - apparently it's out of print? I'd about eat my own toenails to get my hands on a copy.

I do have the second of his books, which is a bit more 'out there'...

That first book, however, really did untold good for me, in helping me understand what was going on with my 'dreams that were not all dreams' and various other things. I liked how down-to-earth he was, too - this was the 80's, and everyone was Madam Zora in a gold turban, a guru, a reincarnated extraterrestrial high priest, a Native American wannabe. Or sometimes, all of the above.

I found him totally sensible and refreshing.

I chose a more grounded, practical approach to teaching.. training folks to listen very closely to their 'inner compass' or intuitive sense. Once that kicked off, the rest would snowball from there, amazing thing to observe.

Last edited by Aus; 07-08-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #16 
fleetfish

Yes. I've experienced ghosts many times. Some I count as good friends and part of the family, others somewhat annoying, and a few here and there that were downright nasty or just pitiful. They all pass through and never stay (usually), which is a good thing! I'm fascinated by the spirit world, and I'm always willing to learn how to open up.

Last edited by fleetfish; 07-08-2012 at 11:30 AM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #17 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I'm a huge fan of Robert Monroe. I lent my copy of 'Journeys Out of the Body' to someone years ago, and have never found another one - apparently it's out of print? I'd about eat my own toenails to get my hands on a copy.

I do have the second of his books, which is a bit more 'out there'...

That first book, however, really did untold good for me, in helping me understand what was going on with my 'dreams that were not all dreams' and various other things. I liked how down-to-earth he was, too - this was the 80's, and everyone was Madam Zora in a gold turban, a guru, a reincarnated extraterrestrial high priest, a Native American wannabe. Or sometimes, all of the above.

I found him totally sensible and refreshing.

I chose a more grounded, practical approach to teaching.. training folks to listen very closely to their 'inner compass' or intuitive sense. Once that kicked off, the rest would snowball from there, amazing thing to observe.

LOL, well actually I am native american at least an 1/8 of me is on my dad's side. And I hear tell descended from a shaman, though it's just an unsubstatiated rumor (acording to my aunt who did a geneology I'm also suposed to be related to a noble lord which even if I was being a US citizen nullifies all birthrights and claims to the throne).

I actually get all this psychic stuff from my mom's side, a long line of them. I take after her side while my brother takes after my dad. But I'm rambling again.

Yes Monroe was very scientific about the way he taught how to leave the body, and it was his technique that led me out. Of course then I goofed and thought I died and haven't been able to since. But even so the little time I was out was amazing and opened my mind's eye wider, with the inevitable seeing more than I intended outcome.

This outcome of course is the dreams, I've seen my past lives and some deaths. Actually my last one was just before my current birth, I know because I remember seeing the cars lining the streets where I was shot dead. And death believe it or not is quite peaceful, you feel kind of numb as your senses go (touch was the first to go) then my hearing/smell/taste and finally my vision faded to a hazy white and then black. But then I saw with my spirit eyes my body on a table covered by a medical cloth.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #18 
Aus

I think the 'Native American wannabe' thing is perhaps funnier, if you live in urban Australia.. It was such a silly time. But fun, too, I met some amazing, truly unique people, it's like they all came out of the woodwork from the mid-80's to the late 90's and then went back in again..

I used to wonder how many people had totally 'wacko' stories to tell, like me (I have hundreds, lol).. and then during a series of talks I did at city hall, I started asking people in the crowd to open up and just forget worrying what people thought of them.. speak their most 'out there' experience with no fear of judgment, no sideways looks.. everyone else was asked to listen, suspend disbelief and what they 'knew', and believe (or pretend to, just for a moment) that each story was a part of that person's actual living reality.

That was a pretty amazing excercise. :) I learned a whole lot of things, including listening with a truly open mind.

Yes, even to the wannabe's ;)
Old 07-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #19 
thekinetic

Unfortunatly it's the wannabes and wackos that make me look nuts. But I don't lie, this seems to confound people more than my stories. Mine are true and while I like what I can do and see, I'm always trying to get to the bottom of what they are or causing them. I once even got rid of all electronics in my room to see if it was an EMF causing my wierd dreams.

It's why I'm trying to get out of my body again so I can really explore the realm and see what secrets it holds.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #20 
TheCrabbyTabby

I can feel or sense others' energy. Its hard to explain what I feel about them other than the energy they exude has a certian vibe or "flavor" to it. I can't really tell you what it feels like, other than I don't like being in big crowds because I often get tired and claustrophobic. I think I've always had this ability.

Guess that makes me a, what is it called? An empath? Anyways, I think I can also do something else.

I once had a sore spot on my body, I think an ache in my arm. I closed my eyes and ran my hand an inch or so over that sore spot and focused on it. I could see a dark color in my minds eye, right where the sore spot was. I then began to, well, essentially "pull" at that dark spot, making motions with my hand like I was extracting something from it, without actually touching the spot. As I was doing this, I could see, in my mind, bits of the dark spot being taken away by my hand and the spot lightened up in color and dissipated. The pain then, was gone.

I dunno what that it all means, but I did something, I think.

Onto ghosts. They most certainly exist. There are two basic catogories of entities or spirits. Those who are benevolent and watch over us, or perhaps protect us, and those who are demonic and wish to cause us harm. Sometimes, people unkowningly unleash demonic spirits into this world and they cause all sorts of heck on people. Even violently attacking and maiming them. Other times, people take on dark and vengful feelings after death, through their actions in life, and are themselves, dark spirits.

Don't ever mess with the spirit world. You never know what might happen.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote