Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #271 
Sena Hansler

By my parents place, I would never go outside at night by myself. Just did not feel... "right". But here, I walk everywhere, night is not so bad.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #272 
pittipuppylove

I have no problem going places if only for the fact that I refuse to give whatever's decided to hang around me what it wants. Windows and mirrors at night kinda freak me out, though - it seems like more spirits, or whatever it is I see, show up there the most.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #273 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
I have no problem going places if only for the fact that I refuse to give whatever's decided to hang around me what it wants. Windows and mirrors at night kinda freak me out, though - it seems like more spirits, or whatever it is I see, show up there the most.
i totally understand what you mean
I live on the top floor so when i see a figure out the window .....
mainly i will just light smudge before i go to bed and that has kept everything away except for guardians.
selenite at the corners of the entire house has added an extra wall as well.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #274 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
i totally understand what you mean
I live on the top floor so when i see a figure out the window .....
mainly i will just light smudge before i go to bed and that has kept everything away except for guardians.
selenite at the corners of the entire house has added an extra wall as well.
I may have to try smudge sometime - preforably when I'm not in my dorm. It'd be my luck that I'd set off the smoke alarm or something and getting in trouble for breaking my building's "no candle/fire" rule

I just find it slightly ironic that I see some of these things, which are decidedly not friendly, at a former seminary school.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #275 
BettaHeart

Quote:
I may have to try smudge sometime - preforably when I'm not in my dorm. It'd be my luck that I'd set off the smoke alarm or something and getting in trouble for breaking my building's "no candle/fire" rule

I just find it slightly ironic that I see some of these things, which are decidedly not friendly, at a former seminary school.

What about mist sprays? When Im out of smudge/sage/sweetgrass I use florida water i get from a metaphysical store, in a mister and give the room/house a light spritz with the same intent as i would with smudge/sage/sweetgrass.
With this place being new theres really no spirits in our place, but since the neighbour's wife overdose it changed slightly with regards to their place anyways. I've placed a shield between our place and theirs just so nothing comes through
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #276 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
No paintingpintos having a physical body does not make you stronger just more inaccessable. Will is what makes you stronger, if you have an iron will they will have a hard time getting to you.

There are ways of getting rid of them called banishing which can include anything froom simply driving them out or enlisting the aid of other beings to drag them away but they usually don't stay gone. That involves protecting yourself and your home.

There are two old ways of protecting your home, one is concencration using prayers or purifying elements, the other is the use of "wards". Wards are symbols or powerful objects to keep the spirits at bay. One of these is the gargoyle, a statue that is well known to guard it master.

I'm not one who is just "in to" these things, I've studied and practiced and made mistakes and re-practiced. Magick is not a toy and I've seen the reprocussions it can have, and no not the threefold law as that is just a ruse used to keep amatuers from hurting themselves and others, but the effects are more widespread. Think of this plane of existence as a lake of still water, touch any point and though you have only touched one small area the ripples reverberate throughout the whole. Therefore before you cast you must think about every conceivable outcome and effect.

And I have a general rule: do not meddle in the affairs of the dead or you will live to regret it!

Well you're right....I wasn't thinking. But to me having a body is having something more an an entity has. I have a "home" were my spirit resides and only I can control it, unless I am too weak to push other things away.
You're right that the beings usually don't stay away if you drive them out. This demon thing has come back many times. Usually I end up physically chasing it and screaming at it, waving rosaries and holy water in front of it until it leaves. Megan, a kind little girl spirit, tends to hang around me like a little dog. She is constantly helping me (but most of the time she's more annoying than helpful).

I've never thought of medallions or symbols to keep things away..... I don't like the idea of them unless it's an animal. I have a special connection to animals, and that is why I feel like a gargoyle is very appealing. Can you tell me more about it? Can I make my own gargoyle medallion, or does it have to be made out of something special? I feel ridiculous saying this, but if you've ever seen the movie Mulan, I feel as though a gargoyle would be like the little dragon Mushu.....not in the way it would protect me, but just as an animal that would comfort me (though its main job wouldn't be to do that).

And I shouldn't really be talking about Magick as I know nothing about it, and I don't practice it, so I'll leave it to the experts to teach me :)

As for your general rule, I'd break it like every hour xD
Well, I don't really meddle....I learn. I talk. It's highly interesting to have a conversation with someone who has been dead for decades and I would never ever give up my gifts :)
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #277 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
What about mist sprays? When Im out of smudge/sage/sweetgrass I use florida water i get from a metaphysical store, in a mister and give the room/house a light spritz with the same intent as i would with smudge/sage/sweetgrass.
With this place being new theres really no spirits in our place, but since the neighbour's wife overdose it changed slightly with regards to their place anyways. I've placed a shield between our place and theirs just so nothing comes through
Hm... Might have to try that then. lol Now that I think about it, I might have to try holy water or something of the like first, though. Should my parents find out I'm using something that isn't used in the church, they may have cow. They took finding out that I see things pretty well (granted I'm pretty sure they think it's a medical condition ), but using things that may remotely contradict with Christianity as they see it may just put them over the edge.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #278 
BettaHeart

i want to say use what you, yourself as an individual believes with your entire being is right.
I am not christian but have a parent and grandparents who were taught in residential schools so they did often refer to christ and the bible along side our native traditions of sweatlodges, sundances and other ceremonies. Growing up I understood the main theme, treat others with kindness and respect without judgement of religious following. I have a little cross necklace i received as a gift from my mother and a small bible that sits next to the quran i received from my late brother that sits next to the bhagavad gita and a buddhist book i received from the local buddhist temple here in town when i attended a service held during the hiroshima/nagasaki memorial. im usual i know

Just know you have me as an ally if you ever need the help
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #279 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
i want to say use what you, yourself as an individual believes with your entire being is right.
I am not christian but have a parent and grandparents who were taught in residential schools so they did often refer to christ and the bible along side our native traditions of sweatlodges, sundances and other ceremonies. Growing up I understood the main theme, treat others with kindness and respect without judgement of religious following. I have a little cross necklace i received as a gift from my mother and a small bible that sits next to the quran i received from my late brother that sits next to the bhagavad gita and a buddhist book i received from the local buddhist temple here in town when i attended a service held during the hiroshima/nagasaki memorial. im usual i know

Just know you have me as an ally if you ever need the help
Thank you
Unusual isn't bad - I'd just say you're a well rounded individual! I will end up doing what I believe in in the end - lol my parents did a very good job raising a child who will do what she believes is right, no matter what anyone else may say. On occasion, I think they may regret that But I personally see little difference in smudging/similar rituals and many practices in the Christian church, such as the burning of incense. After all, much of what the incense burned in the church is made of is derived from plants and is often used for purification.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #280 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Thank you
Unusual isn't bad - I'd just say you're a well rounded individual! I will end up doing what I believe in in the end - lol my parents did a very good job raising a child who will do what she believes is right, no matter what anyone else may say. On occasion, I think they may regret that But I personally see little difference in smudging/similar rituals and many practices in the Christian church, such as the burning of incense. After all, much of what the incense burned in the church is made of is derived from plants and is often used for purification.

unusual* oi vey need to have a cup of tea making spelling mistakes like never before

I know my mother hasnt really been close to me and the distance has gotten alittle farther ever since i moved to the city.

I have to find some tiny mirrors to put in the windows. but where to look?