Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #291 
agunn1231

i dont mind either

Also..not sure if people here know about browneys...or however it's spelled, kinda like pixies, but they help clean house sometimes and like gifts of honey and crackers and tobacco...i have some of those in the house...happy to have them around.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #292 
pittipuppylove

lol I know of Brownies, but not from experience.... A rank of Girl Scouts is named after them
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #293 
Sena Hansler

I have heard the story of Brownies - it was a tale told, which led to the creation of the Brownies... Girl Scouts. Two young kids were told of Brownies and that they disappeared because no one remembered them.and they decided to go behind the parent's backs and clean without them noticing. Soon later they told them, and were nicknamed they're "Brownies" of the household
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #294 
agunn1231

I like keeping them around. I love giving them gifts too. they havent been around as much but they do tend to keep one part of my kitchen a lot less cluttered than it should be.

I also would like some people here to possibly help me shed some light on something that happened while driving in the middle of no where a couple years ago.
It was about midnight and hallie and i were leaving a friends house, had a 3 hour drive ahead of us...the road away from the house we were at went through a small wooded area with houses and trailers on wither side of the trees, well, as we are going around the corner, I spot what looks to be a large dog running across the road, it's head was higher than the hood of my car, i drive a 2002 acura 3.2 TL,so not a big car but still. what ever this thing was it was reddish brown with really long hair, well, i swirved out of the way, but my car hit the thing any way at about 45 mph, hallie did not see the thing, but we felt the car go over it...there was enough light around that area, trailers and stuff just past the trees, that we didnt see anything in the mirror behind the car on the ground, and we were both hit with the saddest feeling ever. When we got to a good stopping point, I checked out my car and there was no fur, no blood, and no damage to the car, nothing wrong at all...to this day we don't know what we hit or what happened at all.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #295 
LadyVictorian

I believe in ghosts and even fae folk. xD ha and that is cool agunn about the brownies. I wanted some in my garden and in my house but my cats keep frightening them off. My cat Raven Fae (named that for a reason) has a knack for seeing them and chasing them off. She's a little black cat and a total stinker. She has been tormenting all sorts of energy beings i have tried to keep around since the day I brought her home. She also sees the spirit of my old cat who lurks around from time to time to check on me. Sometimes she will fly from my lap in a hissing fit and dart down the hall and sound like she is getting into a fight with another cat I think for that reason my long gone black cat Tiger comes around a lot less.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #296 
agunn1231

my girlfriend's cat likes to chase brownies. the house that my girlfriend used to live in apparently had a lot of them, and the cat would chase them but they never left
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #297 
pittipuppylove

Whew, that's a big dog. The sceptic/biology major in me says that in Denver, you're a bit out of the current range of the grey wolf if my memory is correct, and even so that'd be one impossibly giant wolf. Could be an Irish Wolfhound or something, but you'd have deffinately had damage to your car at 45mph.

There's the myth of the black dog as an omen. Something along the lines of see it once for happiness, twice for sadness, and three times for death. Dunno about a brown dog, though.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #298 
LadyVictorian

Maybe I need to start leaving out the honeymilk again. At my new house my cat's not there but we are moving soon and I don't want them to get lost. I wish I could pack them up like everything else xD

I have found homes inhabited by brownies have less robberies and house fires. They are very good to have around and do a great job of protecting their homes and even their people.

Edit: fyi that does sound like the blackhound of Ireland only not black. I think he's Death's dog but a lot say he is just a darker fae. Hmmm....perhaps something like him then or the spirit of a dog killed on that road?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #299 
Sena Hansler

So this is just one of the many "things" I have come across, which is so not like the hellhound At first it was shorter too, from what I remember (like...8 years ago...) saw it once that was it, then a few years ago after I forgot about it I was thrown back into the "De Ja Vu" thing, twice. Second time around was actually different though. Ever have that weightless feeling, like you are not there but you know you are, in your dream? Kinda like that. Following through a kitchen, where there are stairs leading up to where someone has lights on and you could hear parents say goodnight to their young boy. You see the jack russel doggie of theirs snoozing, but then it awakens, eyes abnormal... Black. No color. No white of the eyes. Black. The dog goes upstairs, to the kid's room (light still on), barking and snarling at the kid who is on the top part of his bunk bed. Parents come running, and have to witness the animal...thing... tear apart their son, and then them. :/ Third dream was basically the same as the first... just "it" was bigger, stronger, faster, smarter.

I remember waking up from the first dream (11 years old) and just picked up a pencil and drew it. not even thinking, and when I awoke fully that morning, I didn't realize I could remember all that of a critter o_O
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #300 
LadyVictorian

Hellhounds, that is what I think caused the dog suicide bridge. Look it up it's rather frightful. Dogs jump to their deaths off the bridge in the same spot, hundreds of them. If the dog does not die the first time it will crawl back to the top and jump again until it dies.