Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #31 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I'm a huge fan of Robert Monroe. I lent my copy of 'Journeys Out of the Body' to someone years ago, and have never found another one - apparently it's out of print? I'd about eat my own toenails to get my hands on a copy.

I do have the second of his books, which is a bit more 'out there'...

That first book, however, really did untold good for me, in helping me understand what was going on with my 'dreams that were not all dreams' and various other things. I liked how down-to-earth he was, too - this was the 80's, and everyone was Madam Zora in a gold turban, a guru, a reincarnated extraterrestrial high priest, a Native American wannabe. Or sometimes, all of the above.

I found him totally sensible and refreshing.

I chose a more grounded, practical approach to teaching.. training folks to listen very closely to their 'inner compass' or intuitive sense. Once that kicked off, the rest would snowball from there, amazing thing to observe.
Hi Aus,

It's not out of print. Amazon has it in hardcover and paperback. And they ship to Australia :) The second link is shipping rates.

Oh if you do buy it, we'll need a video of you eating your toenails LOL.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Out-Body-Robert-Monroe/dp/0385008619]Amazon.com: Journeys Out of the Body (9780385008617): Robert Monroe: Books[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=596190]Amazon.com Help: Australia[/ame]
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #32 
fleetfish

Okay . . . I'm not sure, but what is it called when you can sense the past? Is it psychic? Because I can do that. It depends on what kinds of places I'm in, but if I close my eyes it's as if I can see everything. If I ask to see a certain time or person or event, I can see. I just don't really know what it's called . . . but I've always had it. Sometimes I have extremely vivid dreams or visions of past events. I'm not talking about reincarnation . . . maybe I am, but it's like that. Only it's not my life but others. It's almost like I can feel the energy of a place or a person, and say "oh yeah, this was a happy place, lots of good things happened!" or I can walk into a jail or somewhere and just feel the sadness and death associated with it. Is it empathetic? I also have anxiety/ADD, if that helps. I've never really asked about it, so here goes.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #33 
Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
My name is Anya and when they say it it's always like "ANYA." like a very demanding whisper.
That drove me -nuts- as a teenager. I was always saying 'what?' to people and they'd be "what.. what?" having said nothing to me at all. Though then I'd realise I'd heard it very close to my ear, not from across the room. My daughter hears 'shhhh' now and then when she is feeling emo, she told me the other day. Not like 'shut up', but 'there, there', a comforting noise. She said she hoped it was her great-grandma, who in fact made that very noise a lot while rocking her as a tiny baby.

Also -- sorry, I thought you meant in pictures. Real orbs are a different matter.. I've only seen a few, and chalked at least one up to gases rising from the ground.. but that doesn't happen -in a house- so much. So I think I've seen a few spirit orbs too. Mostly, I see actual people, pretty clearly but out of the corner of my eye type of thing, or I 'feel' them and see them in my mind's eye. I agree with you about the cameras!

fleetfish, I have seen some very similar things. I once went into someone's house and saw a man with a very tall top hat and a stiff formal black suit standing in the hall, as if to greet people .. There was cold spots all over that house, and from the corner of my eye it looked a lot more old-fashioned than when I looked at things directly. Turns out the place used to be a funeral parlour in the 1800's.

I did a tour of the most horrible old prison here in Melbourne when it finally closed its gates for good and they gave tours. We went down into the really old parts underground where the solitary cells were. The cells were tiny, with room for two people to stand in at a time. I'm in one looking at the bunk, step back and bump into someone quite hard - you know, when you really bump someone and you feel their weight.. and I turned around, saying 'sorry, sorry.." and .. there's no-one there. And in the doorway, waiting for a turn to see the cell, is a 6ft tall skinhead who was and very pale. He backed out like.. well, like he'd seen a ghost. That place.. wow, lots of energies of there.. not all bad ones. Lots of sadness, I was crying when I left, and for a week after I had an old Aboriginal man walking in and out of my dreams, the same old man just strolling through the middle of a dream like an extra from a movie, lol.

Quote:
Hi Aus,

It's not out of print. Amazon has it in hardcover and paperback. And they ship to Australia :) The second link is shipping rates.

Oh if you do buy it, we'll need a video of you eating your toenails LOL.
AHAHA. Omg, Youtube! I did a search a few years ago and found nothing, but I wasn't computer savvy back then and didn't know Amazon from my elbow and haven't thought to check again. Whee! It's one book I have truly felt the loss of, so I'm pretty eager to get a copy. Thanks so much, Romad. :)

Last edited by Aus; 07-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #34 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Okay . . . I'm not sure, but what is it called when you can sense the past? Is it psychic? Because I can do that. It depends on what kinds of places I'm in, but if I close my eyes it's as if I can see everything. If I ask to see a certain time or person or event, I can see. I just don't really know what it's called . . . but I've always had it. Sometimes I have extremely vivid dreams or visions of past events. I'm not talking about reincarnation . . . maybe I am, but it's like that. Only it's not my life but others. It's almost like I can feel the energy of a place or a person, and say "oh yeah, this was a happy place, lots of good things happened!" or I can walk into a jail or somewhere and just feel the sadness and death associated with it. Is it empathetic? I also have anxiety/ADD, if that helps. I've never really asked about it, so here goes.
Yup. Psychic. Lots of psychics can pick up past events and feelings just by touching things such as a shirt that someone wore a lot. When they were wearing that shirt they left place memory energy there and a psychic can tune into that and feel the memory.
I can NOT do that, and I have never been able to do it. But I have Clairvoyance (hardest gift to obtain being psychic. Least common gift) and even though that's very rare to have it as a strongest gift, I guess seeing past/future is even more rare. I mean I haven't known many psychics at ALL that can do that. You truly have something special.
Now that I'm getting into gifts I can explain them....
Clairvoyant- Least common of psychic gifts. Means that a psychic has the ability to see spirits with their physical eyes, right in front of them.
Clair(somethingorotherIforgot)- Ability to hear spirits with the physical ears. More common than Clairvoyance but still very uncommon.
Clairsentient- Ability to feel the emotions of spirits. Also known as being Empathic. Less common.
Claircognizant- Having the ability to receive messages from spirits. Also accompanied by gut feelings.

I will explain a little more into detail.
Clairvoyance. That is my strongest psychic gift. Since psychics perceive spirits in different ways, it doesn't matter how you see them, as long as you see them. Roy has revealed himself to me as a full figured person. He appeard completely solid as though he were alive. The next time he revealed himself as a shadow when he passed in front of a light so I could see his figure on the opposite wall. Then he started appearing as a black orb near the ceiling.
ClairsomthingorotherIforgot. I have this, but this is my weakest gift. I've only heard spirits with my ears a few times. They call my name sometimes ("ANYA.") and it sounds as though it is from across the room, at a harsh whisper. They have also sent me music. I'm not sure where that fits in but I may have accidentally channeled a spirit, or a spirit wanted me to write music for it and put it in my head (they can do that if you're not protecting yourself or you're completely open).
Clairsentience....
I have that. It's usually very strong. Different spirits make me feel different emotions. When I encountered Roy I always started crying. Some spirits who are terrified of where they are make me feel absolutely scared out of my wits. Ones that are at peace or just bored make me feel bored or just sleepy.
Claircognizance.
Roy introduced himself to me this way. One night I was reading a book in bed (It was around 12 or 1, which is the strongest time of spirit activity in my house) and I suddenly had an extremely strong thought that wiped away all others, "ROY" I could not shake the name from my head or think about any other thing. I do not know anybody named Roy. I never have. I don't have any books with anyone named Roy in it. Suddenly I felt a man standing next to my bed. That was the gut feeling that accompanied it.
Also once I was walking down my road. On the left there was a meadow, at the end of the meadow is woods and a pond. On the right there is a huge field. I literally felt pulled to the left into a clearing in the woods. I have never had this feeling before of LITERALLY being pulled by my body to a location. I was afraid it was an evil spirit trying to lure me in so I didn't go there. I eventually did check it out but there was nothing to be found.

Alright and since I love teaching people (making people a little less dumb every day ) I will just talk and talk all day. Excuse anything not needed in any message I might send.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #35 
Aus

^ Clairaudience.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #36 
Catfish Billy

I'm just curious (forgive me, I'm only 12 years old!), but do you guys sense/meet/feel
passed-away relatives/friends and if so, do you find it upsetting?
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #37 
Aus

Billy, are you really only 12? Here's another compliment for you, then: you seem very mature minded and wise for your age. My daughter's like that, too.

I saw my mother through my kitchen window, walking across my yard the evening she passed away hundreds of miles from where I am. She was young again, in one of those trendy 60's mini-frocks she loved to wear at that age, and didn't seem to be concerned with making direct contact or anything. Her hair was as I recalled it as a child, long and very blonde, and was blowing in the wind though there wasn't any actual wind. She walked toward the house and vanished. I think I was just supposed to know she was gone, and not in pain now. That's how I knew she was gone, before anyone phoned to tell me.

It does make me a little teary when its family, but it's not dismal or anything. I believe mine have all gone somewhere nice (they looked very peaceful), just that some have stopped off to say farewell or whatever before they went there.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #38 
TheCrabbyTabby

I once went to the grave of a deceased family member, a 3 year old cousin of mine who drowned, and even though I was sad about it, I felt overwhelmed with sadness. I can't really describe it. I was fine before I got out of the car but as soon as I had gotten out of the car and layed eyes on the gravestone, I was just overcome with grief. I think I was tuning into the energy left behind by my aunt and uncle (the cousin's parents), and felt it as if it were my own grief. I was literally in tears.

If you can imagine, loosing a child, especially one so young, is one of the most horrific things to have happen to you. Not that I have personal experience, but I felt it second had at the grave stone that day.

Also, I had this weird dream. It started like any other dream, weird places, weird people, then all of a sudden, I was in my late grandmother's kitchen. She was busy at the stove, cooking like I remember she did in life. I could even smell the delicious food she was cooking. It was very vivid. I called out to her, tears in my eyes. Then she turned around, saw me and tears came to her eyes. We hugged eachother (I could feel the hug as if it were actually real) and I said to her through my tears that I missed her. She said that she missed me too and that I would always be her little princess, something she was always telling me in real life. She also told me to be strong and that she would always be there for me. Then she and the kitchen dissolved and I was back in the dream I was having.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 07-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a dream about my older brother who passed away in 1994. It seemed so real. We were at some kind of party or get together and he walked in and was walking around greeting people. Then he came to our table and I asked him to sit down and join us. He said he couldn't and I asked him why not and he said he couldn't stay, that he had to leave. I woke up crying. I had this dream several years ago.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #40 
MyRainbowBettaFish

I <3 These threads! Yes i do believe in ghosts, and i have had many expiriences. One for instance is when we stayed at the Queen Mary, where everybody went to bed. Once we left the next morning, my friend said she remebered dreaming about the ship, and someone in her dream telling her "to GET OUT! This is a horrible place....". She said she then woke up to a powerful force that physically hit or kicked her in the back (note, we took a tour before this all happened). She said she then got really bad goosebumps, and her hair on her neck and arms stood on end. She said she felt a prescence in the room, and that it was NOT A PLEASANT ONE. She told it to go away(Everybody else is still sleeping) and that if it scares her to the point she dies of a heart attack, she will fight it wherever she may go. She then said the feeling dissapated into thin air.

When she told me this, i was astonished. She then went on to tell me (and this is from a preson that NEVER gets scared) that in my walk-in closet, ever (she is ALWAYS at our house)since she got home, there has been an eerie feeling that has scared her badly. She said after 2 weeks though, it had dissapeared. I took one picture, that showed a small single orb on my t-shirt. I have only once had a encylopedia fall randomly right off my chair(happened exactly when i woke up) and then when i went to go check on it, the encylopedia, instead of infront of the chair(where it should have landed) was UNDER the chair. i havent felt anything since.

My second story is about my dog, who as a rescure, was quite young. She got a rare blood disease, where we spent countless nights taking her to the Vetenary Clinic. Finally, after a week or two, the vet gave us a call and said she had died an unfortunately tragic death(I do not want to post the details) and that even he, was stumped on what was really wrong. So, e gave us her ashes(he paid for it because he felt so bad) and we put it on our bookshelf. Everybody in the house was a mess, becuase we had lost such a wonderful creature. About a little over half a year later, when everybody else was in bed and i was watching TV with my other dog, i heard something. As me and my dog were looking at the stairway, i muted the TV. My dog seemed puzzled also. I could hear the distinct pitter-patter of little feet and claws pacing around on the harrdwood floors downstairs. It was a steady Clack-clack, clack-clack, the stride of a small animal. I thought i was dreaming. That was untill i heard the unmistakable jingle of her collar. It was her. My dog was right next to me, and he hadnt moved, so i knew it wasnt him. I knew absolutely NOBODY was downstairs. After about 30 seconds, it disspaeared. I think she was trying o let us know thank you, and that she is ok and we will see her again oneday. she has visited us a couple of times over the years, wether i walk by a room in the house with a couch, and see a white blur(she was black and white, the size of a raccoon). I would go back and do a double take, and nothing would be there, except an indent in the plush of the couch.

So yes, i do believe in ghosts. Does that make them real? To me, i guess. Love all these stories! Cant wait to read more! Ps, sorry about all the writing!

I gotta say though, i am a scaredy-cat, and get spooked easily :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote