Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #1 
misty1477

Exclamation Mouth fungus !?!??!

I think Sparkle has Mouth Fungus or something

As far as I can see (he is very active and hard to get a real good look) he has white under his bottom lip. Can't tell if it is fuzzy or not. It covers the whole area right under is mouth.

He is still active and looks normal as usual. No problem eating at all ... he always has/had a voracious appetite.

I can try to take a pic, but it is even hard to see it while I hold a magnifying glass and flashlight. He is a super swimmer....won't sit still

He is in a 5.5 gallon tank with silk plants and filter. No heater yet....very warm here right now. Tank cleaned 50% once a week....but I am waiting for my gravel siphon to arrive...should be here this week....can't wait !!

Any suggestions as to what I can do are appreciated. I don't want anything bad to happen to him....Love My Betta !!
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Might be Columnaris, it's like white spots on his mouth. Here's a link to see the symptoms: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #3 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Might be Columnaris, it's like white spots on his mouth. Here's a link to see the symptoms: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333
No other symptons as listed in the link. Just the white under his mouth. I am so confused. He is totally normal otherwise.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #4 
lelei

Hello Misty, I hope he is ok, I am not sure if it's something to really worry about, but if you can get a pic, I know they are fast, it's hard, but it would help to see what it might be, keep an eye on him, in case you see more, however he may be getting different color patterns, because that is what our rescue Sapphire is doing, he had no red in him 3 wks ago, and now he's got red, which started in his face, but it's in his fins, especiallly his ventrals so at first I thought there was something wrong, but nope, just his color coming out!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mouth fungus male betta, mouth problems