Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #1 
kellyyoungmoney

Fin rot sorority problem?

so I'm pretty sure I have a female in my 10 gal sorority who has fin rot. I'm usually a bit paranoid about these things so I'm going to wait a day and make sure that's what it is, but my fish have had a stressful week (lost a few friends and got some new additions) and I think I lost at least 2 fish to stress, so I was wondering if it was okay to keep her in the 10 gal and just treat her there with some good ole' clean water and aquarium salt. I currently have 4 females, 1 adult Dalmatian Molly and 8 baby mollies.
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #2 
tanseattle

I always isolate the fish and treat it with antibiotic (that is just me doing what I feel right). For example a pkg of myracin treat fin rot for 10 gal. You can use a pkg to treat everyone in the sorority or you can take the sick betta out and treat it separately.

For example, if you take the sick betta out for place in 1 gal water, you can use 1/10 of the antibiotic and save money and meds.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #3 
Zero186

I would use a anti bacterial med or salt treatment, and isolate into a smaller container as well. It will just save some money, and makes it easier to do the water changes.
She might just need to get away for a little while to recover and reduce some stress. With the deaths though and if it is fin rot I would make sure the tank gets some good water changes if it hasnt already.
Zero186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #4 
kellyyoungmoney

alright, well im doing a full tank cleaning today (my nitrates are high) but is it safe for me to keep her in the 10 gal for a few days so i can make sure that it actually is fin rot?
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote